Author Topic: R9s Tribute  (Read 4527 times)

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
R9s Tribute
« on: May 18, 2014, 07:44:44 PM »
Does anyone know how many were produced so far?

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
Re: R9s Tribute
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 07:51:40 PM »
I would be interested to know this as well.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 05:35:54 PM »

Eric's best guess on that number is about 30 units total.

There were a couple of frames left over, so there could be couple more made in the future.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 06:38:57 PM »
 ;D Thanks so much for the info. When I pick it up ( 5day hold ) I will post some pics.  Got it for less than MSRP ( New Old Stock )
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 11:05:37 PM by mannylinda »

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 08:28:44 AM »
 :) I just got my hands on the R9s Tribute I got off of Gunbroker. It is a marvelous piece of work!! It appears to be brand new. I now have to decide on whether to take it to the range. It is cherry. I guess my stealth may get another round at the range.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:32:45 AM by mannylinda »

Offline renrew

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 09:17:40 AM »
Hi Manny,
It appears to be brand new because it is!  I know as I'm the one that sold it to you :)

I had some problems with the first gun I had as the firing pin retainer had movement and locked the slide back once at the range.  I never had any other problems with that first gun as all I fired in it was Gold Dot's. As he gun was new I sent it back to the company and Karl told me the retainer was out of spec and sent me the gun back with a new top end on it.  He then proceeded to tell me that this "would never happen again"  When I got the gun back I took it to the range and put 4 magazines of Gold Dot's through it and when I was finished and cleaning the gun I noticed the firing pin retainer on the returned gun was also loose.  I then contacted the company once again and they were very nice and sent me a brand new gun (the one that I sold to you).

I have a lot of cool guns and the R9 was my favorite gun and the best CC gun I have ever had.  I did not like the firing pin retainer deal though as this was the only flaw, or potential flaw I could see in the design.  On the entirely brand new gun they sent me that you now have the retainer is tight, but instead of potentially having another problem once the gun was fired I opted to sell it.

I would encourage you on your other R9 and others to check the retainer on occasion as the possibility does exist for it to come loose and move and subsequently hold the slide open.

My FFL told me this would not bother him as if it happened to him he could machine the retainer so this would not be a problem.  I however am not that skilled in this area :-)

If you have any questions please let me know. 

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 10:36:16 PM »
Renrew:  Well thanks for the additional info. I still don't know if I am going to take it to the range. I have put 200+ rounds into my Stealth, and the only problem is the VZ grip screws become loose. I may just use the expensive spring that came with the Tribute. I do have faith that the problem was corrected. Thanks again.

Offline renrew

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 11:05:28 PM »
Manny,
Was most likely just a problem with the first gun.  It was cool that they sent me a brand new gun.

I think I have 3 or 4 springs I bought when I had the first gun around some place.  I'm heading out of the country for a couple of weeks and will try to find them.  If I find them I will give them to you.

Might be wise not to shoot the gun as not many of that model made and will likely rise in value as new in box.

Offline renrew

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 11:23:33 PM »
Manny,
I was mistaken looks like I wanted several springs and at the time Maria only had one.  I did find the spring and it is new.  If you e-mail me your address I will mail it to you.  I leave for Europe on Sunday morning.
Thanks..

Offline margator

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 07:38:51 PM »
Lovely 8)