Author Topic: all stainless version  (Read 33464 times)

Offline harrydog

• Master
all stainless version
« on: May 22, 2004, 08:52:40 PM »
Call me crazy, but I'd like an all 17-4 stainless version. Heavier, yes, but still pretty darn light compared to most everything else. More durable and a bit better in the recoil department as well.
At one point Eric assured me they would be producing one, but the last time I spoke to him, he said he doubted it.
 :(
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 08:53:03 PM by harrydog »

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
Re: all stainless version
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 01:12:06 AM »
After a while, after profits start to come in, and costs stabilize, maybe Rohrbaugh could come out with an all steel version as sort of a training gun.

For years I knew of a cop who always carried a S&W airweight J frame off-duty, but practiced with the all steel version.

Likewise, a 22 LR version would also serve that purpose. But one step at a time.

I would guess that the debt service currently facing Rohrbaugh must be unreal, just like the gun. Let them try and make a go of the venture first.

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 01:49:07 AM »
I agree.  Let's help these folks get some increased sales and profits.  Time IS money so if we can speed the received funds, to them, for sales a bit, that should help some.

I have put a link from my home page to this site since my web site is frequently relisted and reindexed by the search engines and I get about 4,000 visitors a day to my site.

Hopefully if we link this site to other popular boards and sites, we will get more traffic here and this site and our postings will help Rohrbaugh more profitable, more quickly.

Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 02:04:48 PM »
I agree -- let me know where you think we should be linked from.  I this forum is appearing on Google searches now.  

Jody -- I appreciate the link.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 04:05:28 PM »
For useage I anticipate ... I doubt I'd really need an all S/S ...  tho I'd like to get the feel of one if it existed.

Hey!  Hi Jody ... didn't see you come on in ... glad to see ya here.  Welcome (this is of course P95, but seemed more fitting to be R9S here!! )   :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2004, 08:34:51 PM »
You are most welcome Duane.

I was right behind you Chris.

It is GOOD to have this forum! ;D

Offline pocketman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 08:47:45 AM »
When I carried a Colt pony pocketlite I also had a stainless one that I used for range pratice, I mostly did this because Colt does not make the pony anymore and there a bit difficult to find and I did not want to were out the pocketlite.

I ended up selling the stainless version though, I just never shot it enough and found my self only putting a box or two through the pony every month or so....  

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2004, 06:37:51 AM »
I also think that a stainless steel model would be a good idea not only for strength and durability but also to help tame recoil.

I own an alloy 12oz snubbie but I carry the 24oz all-steel snubbie because I can shoot it more accurately because the added weight helps to cushion recoil.

I would do the same with the R9.

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 04:24:58 PM »
Hi FUD,

It may tame the recoil, however I don't find the existing recoil objectionable at all.  The weight, I would not want to increase...  ;D

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2004, 01:59:22 PM »
Well, Mr_Jody_Hudson, it appears that you're getting your wish. Just spoke to Eric and there are DEFINITELY NO PLANS to make an all steel model.

court_officer

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2004, 07:35:42 PM »
I like light weapons that are "carried a lot and shot a little" I would like to see a titanium/scandium version of this. I have a 12 oz S&W snub in .357 Magnum and have no problem with recoil. Is there any possibility in the future for this? ??? :) :)
[glb][/glb][glb][/glb]

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2004, 11:15:33 PM »
court_officer .... welcome!  :)

I doubt this would be any more likely than a full S?S version ... well, not for a few eons!

I rather doubt this is the sort of gun that'd really lend itself to severe lightening . in part I think it would defeat the object somewhat.

I have shot the ultra lightweight revo's and yes, they are manageable .. certainly in the ''carry a lot - shoot relatively little'' ..... but that said ... I have not become a fan of them .... just don't feel right! :P
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 03:15:30 PM »
I agree with Chris on this. On top of which, lighter weight in this size and caliber could make trying to reacquire the sight picture very difficult and recoil unpleasant.

doubletapMike
doubletapMike

Offline Larry

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 12:21:48 AM »
Having spoken to Maria today, I mentioned that as well as myself, there were a few others on the Forum who expressed interest in an all stainless R9.  I related that I probably would want an alloy frame if the gun was currently all stainless.  It was mutually understood that this would be way up the line if it did in fact ever happen.  Custom serial numbers she said would slow down the already backlogged production.Therefore, that service is temporarily suspended.
Basically I agree with Fudster on ultra light guns.  I had a Smith 642 and a much heavier Detective Special. The Colt was far and away a better gun.  I obtained that one used, but think it must of undergone some action work. It also had what looked like the Royal Blue finish. Wish I still had it.  Bottom line though is that I carried the 642 much more.

Offline alfonso2501

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2005, 08:17:27 PM »
Hi all! How much stronger & heaver do you suppose a 17-4 stainless version would be compared to the aluminum alloy (*edit* 7075 aircraft aluminum?) they use now? Would you think this would allow the Rohrbaugh to shoot +P ammo? If so I’d say I’m all for it!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 08:24:39 PM by alfonso2501 »