Author Topic: Future of Rohrbaugh  (Read 12202 times)

Offline johnny

• Master
Future of Rohrbaugh
« on: January 15, 2015, 09:34:04 PM »
   Like, I imagine most of you,I am waiting to hear if after the shot show, there is going to be a glimpse of hope for the future of Rohrbaugh ,if nothing more than getting parts and ways of getting things fixed.
       I have had Glocks,Smith and Wessons,a Kimber,and currently a Knigthawk,Ed brown LW Kobra.and recently a Glock 42.Because of the company's situation, I have been carrying my  Ed Brown. The 42 is new and I have just plinked with it here and there. But it seems after a week, I take my Rohrbaugh back out of the box and end up carrying that. I quit shooting it afraid something might go haywire and then I'm stuck with being up a creek without a paddle.
                                   I find the sad part being that nothing carries like my R9,and because I carry the  1911 cocked and locked, and the Rohrbaugh is a double action only, I feel more comfortable wearing the R9.I shoot in a pistol league year around, air soft now in the winter,indoors.I feel very comfortable with cocked and locked,because,I do,in fact shoot a lot and pay very close attention to safety.
             I went back to their website tonight and read all the reviews they have posted a few years past. I feel fortunate the web site is still up.What a shame.So much good written about the gun,and what a shame to what has happened.
              Doesn't look too promising for their future, but we can hope. Sometimes miracles do happen.

Offline Faawrenchbndr

• Expert
Re: Future of Rohrbaugh
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 12:54:38 PM »
I see Remington producing an R9 or a very similar pistol in the near future.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 01:53:19 PM »

I strongly suspect there is no "future" for anything new with a Rohrbaugh name on it.  It remains to be seen if the basic concepts that define a Rohrbaugh pistol will survive in some fashion in a Remington variant.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 02:22:31 PM »

I saw on one of the blogs this morning that the R51 probably won't be out until the second quarter at least.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 02:41:33 PM »

Here is a reported update; maybe Duane could confirm it:

http://bearingarms.com/back-remington-relaunches-redesigned-r51/

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 03:43:43 PM »
Who knows tracker, here is what I saw.  Scroll down to the Remington blurb.

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/shot-show-2015/

Offline Faawrenchbndr

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 04:13:44 PM »

I saw on one of the blogs this morning that the R51 probably won't be out until the second quarter at least.

Will have to dig up the info. Saw a pic of a Remington pistol that was a near dead ringer for a Rohrbaugh.  Looked nothing like a R51

Offline Faawrenchbndr

• Expert

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 09:34:57 AM »

Offline Faawrenchbndr

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 11:24:53 AM »
That really says nothing. Many manufacturers will deny prototypes that are leaked.
Still a mystery, still an unknown.

You can bet that Remington will produce a pistol VERY similar to the Rohrbaugh in the next 3-5 years.
You can also bet it will have a Remington roll mark.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 12:50:50 PM »
That really says nothing. Many manufacturers will deny prototypes that are leaked.
Still a mystery, still an unknown.

You can bet that Remington will produce a pistol VERY similar to the Rohrbaugh in the next 3-5 years.
You can also bet it will have a Remington roll mark.

You certainly could be correct, but if they were going to bring it out, I think we would be seeing some type of indication by now. JMO

I really do not think that the firearms business and large corporate conglomerates are a good fit.  I really believe that in the next few years that the "Remington" conglomerate will start to split back down to the individual companies that it is made up of.  Not all will survive and no one know which ones will and which ones won't. 

Offline Faawrenchbndr

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 04:57:27 PM »
You may be correct, but I find it highly unlikely that they bought Rohrbaugh just to let it sit and fade away.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 05:13:03 PM »

It does not make sense to me either but it's been a year now and nothing. 

The parts shop in Michigan told me that production is slated for November of 2015 at a yet to be determined site. 

Who knows?

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 05:29:32 PM »

Did you price a barrel from them?

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 05:36:35 PM »

Did you price a barrel from them?

No I did not.  I am sure I would have to send the gun up to have it fitted.  I do not think that anything is drop in on these guns.  By the time I went through all that I feel I would have too much invested in it.

To be honest with you, I think the original R9's will become collector items and the barrel won't make a bit of difference.  Also,just because they are collector items does not mean the price will go sky high.  They will probably just become curios.   JMO