Author Topic: Thinking of selling  (Read 2600 times)

Offline garymass

• Expert
Thinking of selling
« on: July 31, 2015, 10:59:49 PM »
At the range for work yesterday and just finished cleaning all my guns. Not authorized to carry my R-9s but can carry my SW Airlite as back up, we are switching to 1911 as duty guns and I will end up buying a 4" 1911 for off-duty. So I have an R9-s with CF grips R12XX and it is in excellent condition and performs as expected and just put 3 mags through it yesterday. It will come with 3 mags and I have new screws and o-rings that were ordered, I have a price in mind but looking at gunbroker you see some high prices. What are thoughts on pricing?

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: Thinking of selling
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 08:06:49 AM »
If you look at GunBroker, the Rohrbaughs that sell are the ones that are realistically priced. Ignore the pigs and dreamers. Do an advanced search on GunBroker, and there you will see the sold sales. Asking prices mean nothing. Good luck!!!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
Re: Thinking of selling
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 10:20:10 AM »
For at least a year, there is a guy who has a table at the local gun show and he has a Tec-9m priced at $850.00 and at every gun show it is sitting on his table for $850.00

He's obviously willing to lug it back and forth to the various gun shows and keep it until it sells.

There are people on Gun Broker who are the same way, they're willing to forgo the revenue generated by a sale, they're willing to hang on to inventory.