Author Topic: Tracking Point  (Read 2595 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Tracking Point
« on: November 03, 2014, 08:44:00 AM »
If this works it will represent a complete new way of shooting!

http://tracking-point.com/
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
Re: Tracking Point
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 09:33:35 AM »
That is cool!

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 05:15:31 PM »
I saw this in a magazine the other day. Very radical. I love the concept of shooting around corners for our boys in the Middle East.

Super cool.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 07:45:43 PM »
I'm not sure how it works, but it seems to me that you have to stick mark the target with a laser first...can do that around a corner with a cell phone or similar, but would be really difficult on a small screen to capture the target, especially if moving, by holding a rifle up over a wall while watching a cell phone type screen...ever try to shoot over your shoulder with a mirror...same type of idea.  Nevertheless, better than a bullet between the eyes!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 11:38:55 PM »
I also think there is a set of glasses/goggles that work with the gun. Not just the small screen if I understand correctly. Perhaps that's the future.

In the event of a failure I hope you can rip all that gadgetry off and use some iron sites.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)