Author Topic: Colt Pocket Nine  (Read 9141 times)

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
Colt Pocket Nine
« on: February 02, 2005, 02:23:28 PM »
What would you guys pay for a used Pocket 9 in very good condition??
Thanks!
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
Re: Colt Pocket Nine
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 12:52:05 AM »
Okay, that was a very poorly worded post. I'm not trying to sell a P-9, just trying to determine what I should expect to pay should I try to get one. I've had a few PM's asking me what I would take for my P-9 - I don't have one - yet.

I'm interested strictly as a collection piece, not for carry - that's what I have my R9 for!!!

Sorry for the ineloquence.
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 09:32:39 AM »
If it has no rust or scratches on it (AND I could get about half a dozen extra mags for it from somewhere), I'd go about as high as six bills.

Offline Jeff_OTMG

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 10:46:13 PM »
As a collector you would be willing to pay more.  Bachman was selling them off at $399 NIB.  They still show up around Dallas at gun shows for as little as $450, but that is used.  $550-$600 would not be unheard of.

If you get one try an Rohrbaugh magazine in it.  It might just work.  

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 07:47:40 PM »
Jeff, who is this "Bachman" person and how do I get in touch with him. At $399, I'm willing to pick up two of them.

Offline Jeff_OTMG

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 11:47:31 PM »
Bachman Pawn and Gun in Dallas on NW Hwy is a distributor of many firearms lines and sells directly to the public for prices less than what most distributors sell to dealers.  They run regular two page ads in both The Gun List and Shotgun News every issue.  You will not find anymore of the Pocket Nines, that gun went out of production about 5 or 6 years ago, that is when they were selling them off.  As I said there are still people in Dallas that bought them and they turn up walking the aisles at either the Market Hall or Mesquite gun shows on a regular basis.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 08:49:58 PM »
Jeff, I have not seen any lately at Bachman Pawn & Gun. In fact, I have not seen any at Market Hall either. The ones I have seen are pretty worn.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline twostar

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 01:36:46 PM »
I had one.  I love Colts, but that thing was an anchor, with the worst trigger I ever felt!  Besides Colt's refusal to support civilian customers any longer, and no parts available, why would you want one of these?
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 02:58:43 PM »
I have heard that Colt is moving to Canada!!!!!! Tom

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2005, 01:19:09 AM »
I had one.  I love Colts, but that thing was an anchor, with the worst trigger I ever felt!  Besides Colt's refusal to support civilian customers any longer, and no parts available, why would you want one of these?

Purely to feed the monster!!! - this sickness called shooting and collecting!
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2005, 10:21:07 AM »
I just bought a Pocket Nine, what can be done to lighten up the trigger pull?
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 10:25:51 AM »
Newt, what don't you like about the trigger pull. I just purchased a NIB Pocket Nine as well and given the fact that it doesn't have a safety, I like the heavier pull.

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2005, 10:43:52 AM »
Fudster, It seemed really heavy dry firing, mine is NIB also. I talked with the guy at Show-Gun & he can lighten it up from a factory 14lb to 11-10lbs. He does a complete work over on the gun also but it's pricey. I should have mine in a week so I will play with it before any mods.
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2005, 05:32:10 PM »
Duane, Have you heard anything about Colt moving to Canada? I heard they are getting together with a Canadan producer of the M16. Who bought who is up in the air. Their plant lease is up in about 8 months and they have been told that the lease will not be renewed and they have to move. What is going to happen to the commerical side of their business is open. All this and the fact that they are not in Hartford anymore?  Very curious!!!   Tom

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2005, 05:56:10 PM »
Fudster, It seemed really heavy dry firing, mine is NIB also. I talked with the guy at Show-Gun & he can lighten it up from a factory 14lb to 11-10lbs. He does a complete work over on the gun also but it's pricey. I should have mine in a week so I will play with it before any mods.
See, now I like the heavier pull -- it reminds me of a DA revolver and I prefer that on a gun which doesn't have a safety ... the heavier trigger pull acts as a safety just like on revolvers.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. Let me know how your's turns out.