Author Topic: LW Seecamp  (Read 14993 times)

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
LW Seecamp
« on: February 10, 2005, 09:02:06 PM »
Seecamp now has  a web site !!

Check it out    http://seecamp.com/

This should be a help for those that complain about not being able to reach him...
RJ=

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: LW Seecamp
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 06:41:04 PM »
RJ, Thanks for Larry's web site. I don't know how you have time to keep up with every thing and still make holsters!!!??  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 07:08:55 PM »
A long awaited site for Seecampers.. ;D

Thanks for the info RJ..

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline shooter56

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 03:24:27 PM »
Glad to see the word's getting out about the Seecamp site. It's been a labor of love putting it up (I'm the webmaster) and it's been amazing to see how much goodwill Larry has generated among gun enthusiasts over the years. But then, within a week of getting my LWS32, I was volunteering to put up the site! There's just something about these guns, and about the fine crafting and meticulous workmanship, that really inspires people.

If you haven't been to the site, by all means, "Come on down!"

http://seecamp.com
Scott

Firearms-Friendly Website Design & Print Design:
http://FiringLineDesign.com

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 05:53:24 PM »
Shooter56, Nice site, great job!! Its been too long of a wait. Larry got with the program at last.    Tom

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 10:04:08 AM »
Shooter56,

Welcome to the forum.  Nice website.  Yes, I know the feeling.  I started this forum before I even had my R-9 in my hands...

Interestingly, Seecamp played a big factor in the development of the R-9.  Karl was working on a .380 until Seecamp came out with their .380.  It was then Karl decided he needed to "up the ante" to 9mm if he wasn't going to be replowing old ground.

I thinke Seecamps and Rohrbaughs draw the same type of crowd...so feel free to hang out with us!   ;D
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline shooter56

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005, 01:25:43 PM »
Thanks for the kind welcome, Duayne. I'm feeling right at home already.

I've only read about the Rohrbaugh since I live here in Massachusetts where the only way you actually see about half the manufacturers' gun lines is to go to a gun show in NH. But there was a pretty impressive write-up in one of the handgun magazines about the Rohrbaugh a few months ago as I recall. Looks like the same kind of meticulous craftsmanship that Seecamp has come to be known for.

Thanks again for the welcome. Got a feeling I'll be hanging out here quite a bit!

Scott

Offline Jeff_OTMG

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2005, 01:59:56 PM »
Nothing against the Seecamps, I have two.  In fact I bought my .25 ACP Seecamp about 20 years ago before anyone knew what they were and now have the .32 ACP version as well.  HOWEVER, I must mention that the Seecamp is nowhere NEAR the quality of gun that a Rohrbaugh is.  You are comparing a gun made entirely of castings with plastic grips to a gun machined from billet forgings and carbon fiber grips.  With the increase in carbon fiber prices the grips on my Rohrbaugh cost more than my .25 Seecamp did and today a Rohrbaugh is 2 or 3 times the price of a Seecamp.  The quality of materials used in a Rohrbaugh is the best of any firearm made in the U.S., at any price, and can only be compared to some of the best guns of some European manufacturers.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2005, 04:40:48 PM »
Jeff, The Seecamp .380 msrp is $850. I agree that the quality of the Rohrbaugh is super. I'm not sure all of the Euro guns are that great on quality ie: Beretta M9, which is having all kinds of problems in Iraq.    Tom

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2005, 11:03:10 PM »
I own three of them, so it would be fair to say that I like them.

Offline Jeff_OTMG

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2005, 08:39:48 PM »
The Euro guns that I was referring to would be along the lines of the Korth auto and revolver, the SIG P210, the Walther PP and PPK, the Manhurin revolver, some guns from Suhl Arsenal, Holland and Holland, Merkel, and Perazzi.  As far as I know, nothing from Beretta would even make the list, possibly one of the shotguns, but I am not even sure about that.  I am not sure that some of the guns that I mentioned are not up to the quality of a Rohrbaugh, it may be finish and 'imbellishments' on some of the guns I mentioned.  The Rohrbaugh could be compared to the quality of Colt Pythons of 40 years ago.  It is hard to find a gun using as high quality materials as a Rohrbaugh anywhere in the world today without going to a full off custom.

I paid $99 for my .25 ACP Seecamp in 1984 and $350 for my .32.  I like them, but I sure wouldn't give $850 for a cast, CNC'd, .380 when I could have a 9mm Rohrbaugh for $100 more.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2005, 10:29:22 PM »
Hi Jeff:

I intend to buy a fourth Seecamp--the 380.

I understand your position and to a certain extent, I agree with it. But I look at guns as tools. I'm not a rich man, but I'm not starving (if you ever get to see me, you will notice that I NEVER miss a meal). I can afford a Seecamp and a Rohrbaugh.

The Seecamp is just a different tool. The 380 would fit nicely in my defensive firearm arsenal.

Yea, the Seecamp 380 is expensive but so is the Rohrbaugh. But each in their own way are excellent examples of the gun makers craft, and I have more faith in Seecamp than in Kel Tec, which I also own.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 12:31:58 PM »
Hi Jeff & George,, I agree with both of you. The Korth is very well made and very expensive. Also the H&H, but that's a total hand made firearm. The Rohrbaugh is very well made using high quality materials, but it is the customer service that separates the men from the boys. Seecamp is also a good firearm for what it is. I sell both and do not have problems with either. They both do their jobs and that's all one can ask for in a defensive tool. Everyone needs to determine for themselves what will be best for them! The US market is very price conscious.   Tom

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 12:33:28 PM »
RJ:  Thank you for posting the link to the new Seecamp web site.  I shall bring it to the attention of my little wife -- she having appropriated my LWS32 (old-ivory grips and all) as her own personal property.  

Shooter 56:  Welcome to the Forum, and congratulations on producing and managing the Seecamp site.  It is an excellent piece of work which has long been needed.

RS  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline shooter56

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 12:36:17 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, RS. As you might guess, the seecamp.com site was really a labor of love for me. I'm a big fan, love my LWS32, so helping get Larry up on the Internet was a pleasure.
Scott