Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Gunsmithing or Modifications for your Rohrbaugh

Gold Plating R9 Patrs

(1/3) > >>

R9_fan:
I purchased my second R9, a standard black frame unit in September 2009 with a selected S/N hoping to do a custom display piece but 10 years have gone by and its still in the original box.  Time to get the show on the road!!!

I would like to have the standard finish Slide, Trigger & Magazine Release Lever either 22 Ct. Gold Plated or the much more durable Titanium Nitride (Bright Gold Finish) Vapor Deposition.

Can anyone recommend a gun smith or trusty shop that can properly clean and gold finish the three pieces?

The second phase is making a display case for hanging on the Man Cave Wall and I'd like a photo of one of the 16 Premium Elite factory R9 walnut display cases to get a rough idea on the size, depth, how it was mounted, etc.

Any help is well appreciated!

I'm keeping my 1st R9 Stealth (March 2009) for carry.

R9_fan:
UPDATE:

I have located a Gunsmith in Sarasota Florida who 1005 disassembled.

I have located an experienced Titanium Nitride (TiN)PVD source to do the necessary  "Gold" plating on my 17 pieces.

When the project is completed I will post photos and give an evaluation on the the TiN source for anyone interested.

MikeInTexas:
I look forward to seeing it and the display case.

PhilZ:
Should be very nice.  Can't wait to see the pictures.  Did they give you a timeframe on how long they think it's going to take?

MRC:
A friend of mine had this Auto Mag done up.

Let's just say it's not my style.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version