Author Topic: Elite slide.  (Read 3685 times)

Offline captaincrm

Elite slide.
« on: September 06, 2007, 08:44:13 AM »
Anyone have an idea how the slide is done on the Elite. I've read that it is done by hand.
I was thinking of finishing the slide on my Stealth that way, it sure looks nice. I'm guessing wet sanding? I wouln't mind being the test guy for this if I had some input and others were interested in the same finish!
Charlie

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: Elite slide.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 12:09:20 PM »
Ok try it and please let us know how it does.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline pdxrandy

• Lover of life,CRAFTSMANS HIP,fine cigars,my wife
Re: Elite slide.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 06:54:20 PM »
Your post was some time back but I thought I would drop a suggestion in the hat anyway.

I have done this on the flats of Colt auto frames.  What I did was lay down a piece of window glass.  Then put a sheet of new wet/paper down of what ever grit if wanted.  Then I added 30w motor oil on top of the paper.  I clamped down a piece of plastic stock that I had to use a s a guide so the sanding marks would all be the same direction.  I would hold the part, say the slide with the sufrace to be sanded down on the oily paper and I would put duct tape on the top of the front and rear sight.  The tops of the sights would then be held up against the plastic straight edge and then the back and forth motion would start.

Hope this helps, I know it is late in the game for advice but what the heck.

Good luck,
~Randy