Author Topic: I was "finely" able to get it jam.  (Read 3913 times)

Offline Texas_Bob

• Sharpshooter
I was "finely" able to get it jam.
« on: June 24, 2004, 09:48:02 PM »
 ;D I'd read where "others" had a FTE with strong two hand shooting or just one hand (strong side) shooting and I never could get mine to jam until last Monday night. It occured to me that I idpa "every week"(48 out of 52) on an indoor range. So most, 90%, of my shooting is done "under the clock." I've always practiced with my BUG just weak hand only, from low ready(buzz), point and fire. Although they say not to have a "death grip" on you pistol, when the buzzer goes off you will grip hard and shoot fast. With this in mine, I aimed carefully at a target and slow....ly squessed off a round like I was going to fire a "target pistol." NOW, I too, can say I've had a FTE. Going back to a "timer", no problems weak or strong hand only. I wonder if competition doesn't change how many people hold a pistol and how fast they are to employ it once a "point sight" picture is present at close range. Just my 2cents worth. ;)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re:  I was "finely" able to get it
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 10:30:17 AM »
There is no doubt that I shoot different in "IPSC mode" when on the clock -- its not a bad thing, but its much more of a "stressed" combat-type mode.  When I see the front sight on the target I squeeze the trigger purposefully and move on.  I had never thought about it, but I am sure you are right that I have a much firmer grip on the gun in that type of situation then when I am "target shooting" for accuracy.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »
I think Bob is definitely on to something.  Acquiring the target and then smoothly squeezing the R9's trigger _deliberately and fairly quickly_ all the way to the back has been the most satisfactory way for me to use the Rohrbaugh. If I very slowly squeeze this pistol's trigger I know exactly when it is going to fire at the end of that long smooth pull, and I'd rather not know exactly when it is going to go off.

Offline Texas_Bob

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 10:50:17 PM »
 ;D Back at the "range" (6/28/04), remember, I do this "every week." We(20 shooters) pair into teams of two and run back to back "pie to corner" from weak and strong side. While one team member is shooting six targets, the other is doing a "reload with retention" all the time "counting your partner's shots(limited vickers). My partner and I finished third, not to bad. Now to the other side of the range(block wall seperates) in a target stall with an idpa target set at 3yds and 5yds. On the buzzer, six rounds weak hand only, six rounds strong hand only at near then far target. "NO problems of any kind, with the exception of "throwing" my last shot into the -3 zone. All other shots into 0 down or -1, rapid fire. "THIS" BUG has my "admiration", and thats coming from someone who regularly shoots either a HK P7 M8 or M13. ;D

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 12:55:51 AM »
That sweet trigger ... fast but smooth ... way to go. :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.