Author Topic: seecamp will they fire without Mag?  (Read 11689 times)

Offline rod m1

seecamp will they fire without Mag?
« on: April 20, 2008, 08:29:46 AM »
I've done some reeding and it appears that Seecamp's models don't allow you to fire with out a magazine. Am I correct on this?

Offline Jack Foulard

• Expert
Re: seecamp will they fire without Mag?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 08:32:51 AM »
I believe you are correct.  You check out seecamp.com and click on forums and you will have access to tons of information.  Many folks from this site can be found there too.

Enjoy and welcome.

Offline dawkind

• Sharpshooter
  • NRA Benefactor and don't EVER give up!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 09:58:47 AM »
No, they don't fire without a mag....the slide will not open either.  ;)
"I think for myself.....therefore I vote Conservative.....God Bless Ronald Reagan!"

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 04:53:19 PM »
Correct-they do not fire w/o a mag..

And DO NOT try to rack while mag is out!! ;)

It can be done,but not with good results.. :o
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline rod m1

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 06:52:03 PM »
Correct-they do not fire w/o a mag..

And DO NOT try to rack while mag is out!! ;)

It can be done,but not with good results.. :o

Then how are you suppose to clear the chambered round? Carry a empty mag with you? The more I research the seecamp auto's the more I think they are a piece of %^$#!  :-[

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 07:01:57 PM »
Then how are you suppose to clear the chambered round?
My typical procedure would be pop out the mag, empty the mag, pop mag back in, empty chambered round.  Takes about 3 or 4 seconds.

When your research intels holding one I think you will change your mind.  They are a mighty fine pocket pistol.  Nothing is perfect but Seecamp and Rohrbaugh are as good as it gets in pocket pistols IMO and quite a few others.
Corey
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 07:06:05 PM by ccoorreeyy »

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 08:24:50 PM »
Seecamp and Rohrbaugh are the best pocket rockets there are to be had IMO... 8)

Seecamp is not a piece of !@#$&..

Believe me,they rule..

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline grayfeathers

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 09:04:15 PM »
What ever you have heard about Seecamps being % % is horse pucky.  Seecamps are truly Jewels. They are in the same class as Rohrbaugh, masterpieces of form & function. Larry Seecamp is a fine gentleman as well.

Offline dawkind

• Sharpshooter
  • NRA Benefactor and don't EVER give up!
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 10:37:06 PM »
There is a point when the mag is inserted  into the pistol that a 'trip' is activated that allows the racking of the slide without a round able to be stripped from the mag.

This is designed into the Seecamp and taking the mag out of the pistol renders it safe even with a round in the chamber....the trigger cannot be pulled nor can the slide be operated to extract the round.

Since the pistol is toy-size, removing the magazine locked the trigger and slide, rendering it safe if it got into a childs hands or other unauthorized persons.

The Seecamps are superior pocket-pistols and have been for MANY years....

"I think for myself.....therefore I vote Conservative.....God Bless Ronald Reagan!"

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 09:04:26 AM »
+1  Rohrbaugh and Seecamp are the BEST!
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 09:31:55 AM »
My little wife is my raison d'ętre. She can't handle the recoil of the R9, so I have her carry a Seecamp. It's a jewel. But then, so is she.  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 07:21:11 PM »
Quote from: rod m1

The more I research the seecamp auto's the more I think they are a piece of %^$#!  :-[[/quote

FWIW:

I would respectfully suggest you should do more research because the conclusion you have reached at this point is incorrect.  

Not incorrect because I say so, but incorrect because the facts are simply to the contrary of that conclusion.  Keep reading.

A good place to start would be the forum at www.seecamp.com.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

"Laus Deo"

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 01:49:07 AM »
Well, I'm going to restrain myself here.  

I personally do not like the fact the magazine safety is there; but, I live with it.   That in and of itself doesn't make it $##@ as you say.  You can verify the chamber by looking into the gun...you can see the round.  I usually have my unloaded magazine and put it in and back off about 1/4".   Then, I eject any live round I have.  Very rarely do I have this problem, because I clean mine every time I shoot; even though recently that hasn't been an issue.  Not once on my carry ammo have I had a problem with a "dry" gun (I use EEZOX which hangs around for a while) not cycling the rounds.  

Are they $@#$ as you say.  Nope.  Mine had some problems, but Mr. Seecamp has come through each and every time.  I have had no problem since Larry tweeked mine on ANY self defense load (I don't like the setback corbon has).  Let me clarify my loads:  Hornady, Gold Dot, Hydrashock.   I've only had RECENT trouble with the Winchester flat nose FMJ's I use for practice - my suspicion of the mag springs...I didn't have this problem a few hundred rounds ago.  

I've also shot my Seecamp quite a lot.  It sees 30-50 rounds per outing on average.

Are they ammo finicky?  Some can be, but so are most small guns, including the R9.  The 32ACP presents the rimlock problem too; which the Seecamp's solved long before Kel-Tec put their spacer in.  I've never heard of a rimlock case in the LWS32.  

If you're getting your info from The High Road or Firing Line, there is one guy on there who just won't give up on how bad Seecamp is - like a personal vendetta against Mr. Seecamp...just weigh that for what it's worth.  Also, some people claimed they paid 800 bucks for the gun (LWS 32)..well, that's their problem.  It NEVER listed for more than current list.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 01:51:35 AM by BytorJr »

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 02:12:21 PM »
'' Then how are you suppose to clear the chambered round? Carry a empty mag with you? The more I research the seecamp auto's the more I think they are a piece of %^$#!"" Embarassed

You choose the right Smiley.  :-[, you should be embarassed

You claim that  you researched, but haven't discovered how to clear the chamber.  
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 02:13:17 PM by RHEDLEY »
RJ=

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 02:26:03 PM »
ditto RJ   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus