Author Topic: new Judge??  (Read 10473 times)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
new Judge??
« on: November 06, 2009, 05:36:37 PM »
There has been some talk about the Taurus Judge.

What do you folks think about a "6 shot" wheel gun made in the US by a quality mfg., that will shoot both the .45 long colt and the .410? But with a better shot pattern, more than 6' but 20' for snakes and such. It will come with screw in choke tubes for much better shot patterns. Is there room for a better mouse trap??  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: new Judge??
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 05:42:26 PM »
I think so.  I like the Judge but am always open to something better.  Is this something coming or already available?
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 05:46:08 PM »
it is on the computer and will come next year, a single action  Tom

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 07:13:47 PM »

Where on the computer? If I could find such an animal not made by Taurus I would be interested.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 09:05:08 PM »
Tracker.  Just curious.  What do you have against Taurus?  The Judge, to me, seems to perform, perfectly, with no problems,  and does what it supposed to do.  Just wondered, if you had a bad experience with a Taurus or going on the name brand.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 10:14:07 PM »
I have no experience with Taurus but am relying on my gunsmith who has been working on pistols for 30 years. He has a low regard for Taurus quality and I have no reason to question his judgment. There are just too many other guns of proven quality. I think one of his objections is MIM parts but I haven't talked to him lately about it.

For example: http://www.taurusmim.com/
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 10:17:36 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 10:29:36 PM »
I only have experience with the Taurus Judge and being a wheel gun, as I said, does what it is supposed to do.  I really couldn't ask for more of it.  What could make one better is a 6th shot, as Tom is speaking of, and I will be interested in that.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 10:34:52 PM »

The Judge appears to be a well made, unique weapon. I would just be more interested in the prospect of Tom's suggestion, as long as it is not S&W.

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 03:46:21 AM »
Would screw in chokes really make a difference in a barrel short enough to be a handgun?  IMO, one of the most useful things a revolver like that could do is work w. the Federal buckshot load and actually get the buck up to ~1100 FPS.  (Federal reports it as hitting 1200FPS, but my guess is that's from a regular shotgun barrel.)
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 09:39:29 AM »
the US company thinking about bringing this to market has the basic design in their computer and is working thru the development stages. It is not S&W   Tom

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 10:31:35 AM »
Definitely would like to see this come to fruition.  As I stated above, I like the 6 rds, and the single action is fine.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 09:44:12 AM »
Tom.  Any news on this.  Could still be too early, but thought I would ask.  Thanks.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 11:15:56 AM »

It sounds like North American Arms to me.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 11:18:19 AM »
Could be.  Just wanted to check on the progress.

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 08:57:14 AM »
 Federal has a special .410 round made just for the Judge, Publc defender, et al  Nice personal defense round. Lots of fun to play with as well.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"