Author Topic: new Judge??  (Read 10472 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: new Judge??
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 08:58:52 AM »
Chief.  I'll check that out.  Thanks.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 11:19:48 AM »
I have no experience with Taurus but am relying on my gunsmith who has been working on pistols for 30 years. He has a low regard for Taurus quality and I have no reason to question his judgment. There are just too many other guns of proven quality. I think one of his objections is MIM parts but I haven't talked to him lately about it.

For example: http://www.taurusmim.com/

A possible answer as to why your gunsmith has a dislike for Taurus.

Since most of their guns are made in Brazil ans well as the frames of Springfield, my Gunsmith dislikes both guns as well.

His reason: he says the metal is very inconsistant in their hardness.  When he is filing, he will hit "soft spots"  which of course can course not only throws off his timing, but can cause costly mistakes as well.

He is a very talented 1911 mechanic, but cringes when someone brings in a Springfield.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 11:51:51 AM »
there are some folks here on this forum that have seen that new judge project...Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 12:12:03 PM »
Tom.  Still trying to find out the progress on the "new Judge" project.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 04:47:05 PM »
 ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 05:26:04 PM »
there are some folks here on this forum that have seen that new judge project...Tom

I guess they don't want to share!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 05:51:39 PM »

Here is something on the new Judge models, including the Raging Judge with a .454 Casull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAgGFcrs5hI

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 06:04:50 PM »

I guess they don't want to share!

They might have been asked not to let any details out yet of the super, super nice gun that they got to fondle.   Did I mention it is SUPER NICE and that anybody that likes the best will LOVE it.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 06:04:54 PM »
Tracker, thanks.  The Raging Judge Magnum in .45 Colt/.454/.410 is something else and has 7 shots.  Wow!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 06:09:16 PM »

They might have been asked not to let any details out yet of the super, super nice gun that they got to fondle.   Did I mention it is SUPER NICE and that anybody that likes the best will LOVE it.

So, Corey.  How long does this have to be a secret?  

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 06:54:06 PM »
I'm not certain. Hopefully not much longer.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 07:45:01 PM »
I did find out the Taurus Raging Judge won't be available until late summer.  Now have to wait on this one; but man, seven shots.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 07:56:57 PM »
That gun is huge!  Looks like one of those Looney Tunes guns.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 09:26:12 PM »
It would have to be huge to hold seven rounds of .410's, but I like it.  

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 08:31:11 PM »
    Tom, are you going to sell this new one? If you are then put me down for one.    Gene
birdman