Author Topic: Boberg Company Forum - Arne Boberg  (Read 2842 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Boberg Company Forum - Arne Boberg
« on: October 29, 2011, 04:42:22 PM »
I think a lot of us have been following the progress of this new firearm producer before and after it has started production and shipping the first units.  I was skeptical about ever seeing it come to market and all indicatications are they have a real winner.  At least I hope so.

Arne Boberg's participation on the company forum has been of real interest to me.  He does not hesitate to answer any questions put to him and goes into many other items.  These include firearms which have influenced his design, spring strengths, corrosion problems, critiques of other firearm designs and numerous other items of interest to the CCW market.  This is not unlike Larry Seecamp's participation on his forum in years past.  He has come back in the last couple of weeks which is good to see.

I wish that the  Rohrbaugh Brother's would particiate here.  I know Duane participates here and I am very envious of his knowledge of law, law enforcemet, firearms of all kinds, defensive shooting, self defense, and the shooting sports.  But it seems that his posts on the R9 pistol are mainly to run interference for it and participate in the cheerleading.

My Opinion Only

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Boberg Company Forum - Arne Boberg
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 07:12:23 PM »
MRC.  While I respectfully understand your thoughts, just for information,  Duane addressed this concern in a post not too long ago, June 20, 2011.

I think its different...  With a company rep posting on this site, it starts to look like an official forum.  Then some will expect the factory to fact check everything that is here.  I can see why its not in their best interests to post here.  That has been our deal from day one.

However, ECR and others do read the forum regularly and often send information to our members through me or sometimes other forum members.  It's not a bad compromise and gives us a lot more freedom while still being a great source of info.  Besides, the biggest Rohrbaugh knowledge base outside of the factory is right here amongst our veteran members!

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 07:27:25 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: Boberg Company Forum - Arne Boberg
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 08:31:04 PM »
Thanks KJ.  I do remember that post, I just don't agree  with it.  But I certainly respect ECR's opinion.

The Seecamp Forum went down hill in my opinion when Larry took a time off to work on his "Special Project".  Without Arne's posts the Boberg Forum would be pretty much nothing since their are only about 80 guns out but I find it very interesting.

My Opinion Only