Author Topic: Pocket Carry & Re-Strike Capability  (Read 1903 times)

Offline JDA

Pocket Carry & Re-Strike Capability
« on: January 24, 2010, 12:58:28 PM »
I'm a new member of the forum and don't yet have an R-9, but am looking for somthing "in between" my Seecamp LWS  380 and my Karh PM9.  

I carry my Seecamp daily, but the Kahr is just a little too big for pocket carry for me when I wear dress pants, which is usually everyday during the week.  

I would like to be able to carry a 9mm, and I would appreciate any views on pocket carrying the R-9 vs the Seecamp LWS 380 or the Kahr PM9.

Also, does the R-9 have re-strike capability?  In other words, can you pull the trigger and cock and drop the hammer just like a Seecamp or Sig or do you have to rack the slide like a Kahr or Glock?  

Thanks!
Don't have a Rohrbaugh yet,  but have to get one!

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
Re: Pocket Carry & Re-Strike Capability
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 01:02:40 PM »
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 01:05:16 PM by FloridaCCW »

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 01:07:00 PM »
I just sold my Kahr PM9 for an R9. The R9 is smaller in all dimensions when compared to the PM9. It is less bulky and more rounded which makes it easier to pocket carry.

Offline nase

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 01:22:50 PM »
I also replaced my PM9 with an R9. It's considerably better for pocket carry.

And yes, it can re-strike without racking the slide. It's a true DAO, as opposed to the Kahr's pseudo-DAO.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 02:12:37 PM »
JDA.  Welcome to the Forum.  I have a Seecamp .32 which is the same size as the .380, as you know.  I also have an R9s and carry it in the front pocket in a Meco back pocket holster.  The only thing I notice is the thickness.  Still, not uncomfortable to carry.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ed_K

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 10:52:53 AM »
I also sold my PM9 I didn't like it period I have De Santist Super Fly pocket holster works great