Miscellaneous > The Water Cooler -- General Discussions

Ten Years Ago Today, Jan. 14, 2014, Rohrbaugh Firearms was sold to Remington.

(1/4) > >>

ECR:
Ten Years Ago Today, January 14, 2014, Rohrbaugh Firearms was sold to Remington Arms Corp.

I brought this to my brother Karl's attention just an hour ago. He responded. . . . . . My, how time flies! 

I have here some photographs just taken of my personal R9 Pistols:   

*  R9 #2
*  ILGVARS-1 (I built this for a good friend of mine who was in a WWII Nazi concentration camp as a child in Latvia)
*  R6336 "The Last Rohrbaugh" 

It was quite the trip for us and it would have been impossible without the devotion of our fans and believers in our design back in January of 2002 at The S.H.O.T. Show, just post 9/11.

There is only one #1, and back then, that was us with "The World's Smallest and Lightest 9mm Handgun".

The Rohrbaugh R9 Series 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol. The NRA Shooting Illustrated "Handgun of the Year" for 2005!

Thank you all for your belief in our product. The R9. . . . . The one that gave you the "Micro 9" niche. . . . . Everyone else followed.

Stay safe, Stay well, and Stay vigilant.

Sincere Regards to All,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh

cargaritaville:
Great collection!

ccoorreeyy:
That #2!!!!!

backupr9:
Beautiful historic collection!  It is hard to believe that it has been ten years.  I had ol’ 4700 out to the range last week…flawless as usual.

DDGator:
Wow.  10 years?  That can't be true.  ;)

It was a good ride.  I miss the days of seeing you all at the SHOT Show, and all the excitement that went along with it.  You and Karl definitely made your mark in the firearms world!

Happy new year!

-Duane

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version