Author Topic: R9s In The Fold  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
R9s In The Fold
« on: October 22, 2004, 09:06:49 PM »
Picked up my long awaited Rohrbaugh (#R140) this morning from John in Brighton MI..About a 3 Hr. drive one way for me and the last 2 miles were mixed up a bit for me as a Mapquest request sent me in the wrong direction.. :P
I am very happy with the R9 (no s on the slide) very smooth dry fire trigger and fit and finish appears excellent..I am used to carrying a Seecamp LWS .32 so I will have to get used to the larger "profile" but I tried a front pocket holster from RJ and it looks "boxy" (non gunlike) in jeans..

I am looking forward to shooting it this weekend if the weather holds off and I will let you know of the results..I plan on using some WWB 115s and some GD 115s and see what she likes..

The slide is a lot more matte,subdued,than I expected from the pics that I have seen here..

Even with looking ahead I do not yet have everything for takedown (i.e. punch,lube,(grease I guess) I have some holsters and mag pouches to find out what works best for me and the rest will fall into place.. 8)

Extra mag and spring included and a nice case with manual and lock..
A tool for taking/tightening grips would be a plus..

I want to thank John Johnson for making this available, and thank everyone on this board for all the information,advice,and "good vibes" that makes a person feel like they are home.. ;)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Jim

• Expert
Re: R9s In The Fold
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 11:30:15 PM »
Good for you Brenden,
The R9 is certainly all I thought it would be also.  John is a great guy.  Let us know what you think after you have had the opportunity to do some shooting...  Jim :)
Glock 23, previous R9S owner sold due to health problems.  Just enjoy the folks on this forum!!

Offline TW

• Grand Master
R9s In The Fold
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 01:00:16 AM »
>>Congratulations on bringing home your R9...!  What a sensation it is to finally have in your hand such a labor of love...!!  Sorta like marrying a virgin and being on the first night of your honeymoon.  Well...kinda, sorta.  On your first outing she will kick like a mule but she will always be there for you when you need her (only the gun comes with a lifetime guarantee)...TW<<