Author Topic: Guys - assistance please .....  (Read 6704 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Guys - assistance please .....
« on: October 17, 2004, 08:47:18 PM »
I feel we are almost overdue now for a dedicated FAQ facility.  To this end, I have started building a mini site, within which I want to place all useful info we have had on this forum, the better to facilitate easy access.

So far - I have reproduced Duane's factory tour, lube info, takedown info ... and some general data on gun's spec's.

I would ask if you would - that you have a think on what we have covered here .... and if at all possible post back with subject matter - AND - a link.  This could save me a lot of time on research ..... it'll take a good chunk of time just building the pages as it is.

The main content will be laid out on an FAQ index page... plus where useful, links to other stuff like ammo tests and data etc.

Once done, I can update as and when fresh material arrives ..... and would hope that it might assist all of us owners, plus, maybe even more so - the prospective purchasers of an R9.

Do please give me some feedback if you can.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
Re: Guys - assistance please .....
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 06:14:58 PM »
Hmmm .. 43 views and nary a comment!  I am bogged down with work right now so not much spare time -  but hope to further the build on the R9 info site as soon as I can.  

But - be great to have some suggestions and input. :)
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 11:47:13 PM »
I hope you include my *third hand * Vise trick  ..
RJ=

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 12:26:45 AM »

Chris, maybe I'm missing something here, but I suspect you'll get a lot more comments if you listed a URL.   ;D   The FAQs are a good idea.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 11:47:32 AM »
RJ - ah yes .. that's a useful reminder .. that's what I am looking for. Thx.

9mil .... reason for no URL as yet is I am still building ..... tho I have a number of pages assembled, I need to build more so as to be able to get links and cross links sorted out - ideally.

My wish here is simply to get input from you guys as to what you feel would be useful . ... from things we have had posted.  I can't remember them all and am short on time to plow thru all threads just now - thus anyone who can come up with a forum URL for an item would be helping a lot.

As I get info - I'll try and fit in building some more pages ... and ''go live'' as soon as enough is done.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 12:33:42 PM »
" thus anyone who can come up with a forum URL for an item "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Can this apply to one post or the whole thread?  Where do you find it?
RJ=

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 04:02:23 PM »
RJ ....... on this forum software I think just the thread URL.  If you happen to find some material ... just copy the URL and - if possible make ref to the relevant post number in that thread ..... that can make it quite specific ... plus of course the actual subject matter being referenced.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline TW

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004, 05:09:40 PM »
>>Hi Chris...

I have a thought for a subject in the FAQ thread which I don't think has been brought up before...is something I would be interested in for sure...but would require the cooperation of the Rohrbaugh guys...

OK...as we have been told - the serial numbers on the R9s have nothing to do with the order they go out...right...?  However, I'm sure Rohrbaugh have logged each gun as it goes out which would provide the actual numeric order they go out, as well as the date they go out.  So...wouldn't it be nice if Rohrbaugh could share with us some of this data which would allow individuals a means of knowing the actual sequential order of their gun, and/or the date of issue...??  What a wonderful tool for the Rohrbaugh forum, and the FAQ section, me thinks.  And you...?  

If this is something which you think is worth pursuing I would be happy to contact the boys about it and do the ground work.  Or, given your longer histories with Rohrbaugh...perhaps you or Gator would like to pursue it???  Thoughts, Sir...?...TW<<

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2004, 07:37:30 PM »
TW - much is down to time right now .... having just taken on a deadline contract, I am tied up - more than is comfortable almost!

I am currently, altho some pages built for FAQ site - in an ''info gathering mode'' so that once clear of present panic mode, I can carry on with the build.

Your idea is well interesting tho, not sure it is ''up there'' with some of the more vital info I want to show.  Thing is ... I tend to feel that Eric and Karl, et al ... really may not have the time to spare to respond with this info - being as pressed as they usually are.  Certainly, it is something we could consider as an addition, eventually .... tho if you want to make some inquiries on it do feel free to do so.

I'd certainly like the mini site's content to be interest as well as raw data.  So, far from ruling it out. :)
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline Jim

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2004, 11:03:29 PM »
R9S,
I was contemplating having the tritium sites installed in Oxford Mi. until I read a post on this forum incidating that  this style of site did not hold up well on the Rohrbaugh.  Saved me quite a bit of $$$$.  Hope this helps,  Jim
Glock 23, previous R9S owner sold due to health problems.  Just enjoy the folks on this forum!!

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2004, 11:11:28 PM »
Interesting info Jim ... can you elucidate?

Either post here or PM me .... if there is some expanded info, I'll put it up on the FAQ site.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit to add - did a coupla searches but danged if I can find what you refer to - so for now cannot retrieve anything.  Hopefully we'll find it eventually!

I have added BTW, to the FAQ site, a small item on mag's ... regarding dimensional aspects... something I posted here a while ago.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 08:01:03 PM by R9SCarry »
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline Jim

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2004, 12:40:56 AM »
Sorry R9S , I can't remember where I read it ???  The problem was with the inserts actually falling out of the drilled holes on either side of the rear site channel....  Perhaps some one else with a younger memory can enhance!!!  Jim
Glock 23, previous R9S owner sold due to health problems.  Just enjoy the folks on this forum!!

Offline justin2992

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2004, 01:16:53 AM »
The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2004, 09:55:52 AM »
Justin ...... good on ya dude ........ I'll try and summarize that info now for the FAQ site.  Once time allows!
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline TW

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2004, 01:52:19 AM »
>>Chris...!...  I have another topic which could be helpful in a FAQ site.  Unfortunately I have not seen it archived here on the forum...although I did just start up a new thread about it at  http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=R9S;action=display;num=1098505807;start=0

The subject has to do with ammunition for the R9s...  WWB 115, the #1 practice ammo, is easy to find...but what about Speer Gold Dots (perferred carry ammo) in either 115 or 124gr...?  I lucked into a small stash of GD in 124gr...but paid through my nose for some boxes of 115gr.  So the question(s) I raised had to do with...where to find a good source of these preferred carry bullets...?...and how much...??  If you are reading this post and want to answer - take it over to my thread, as above.  So what do you think, R9SCarry person - don't you think every Rohrbaugh FAQ source should have a section on what to feed your new pet...?...!...lol....TW<<