Author Topic: Utopian Ammo  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Utopian Ammo
« on: September 04, 2005, 02:40:56 AM »
Maybe we can't get enough people to agree on this to make it work, and I don't know if we could get an ammo maker to do it, but -- what would an ideal R9s cartridge be?  I'm thinking a gold dot bullet -- I prefer a heavier round, personally, but I now carry 115 gr. silvertips because the brothers R say so -- with Winchester primers, and, if this works, fully jacketed.  I have some 40 S&W rounds that are fully jacketed, seem pretty interesting, claim to be water and oil proof.  Maybe doubletap would be willing to do a run of a few cases

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Utopian Ammo
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 12:02:28 AM »
I think - well IMO anyways - the key aspect is OAL.  GD's tend to be longer - 1.124 IIRC whereas some rounds are way shorter.

I rate the Speer bullet highly myself.... and can see no need for anything better.  The CCI aluminum round too is good - same bullet and about same OAL - and they woprk for me.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.