Author Topic: Its fun watching for the different firearms used  (Read 3202 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
Its fun watching for the different firearms used
« on: November 06, 2017, 01:06:18 PM »
The series Walking Dead has a ongoing battle with another group. I watch to see what kinds of weapons they are using. Last night I saw the following:

Ma Duce 50 caliber belt fed
AR15's
Pre 1970's AR15's, they used the three prong flash suppressor that was TERRIBLE about getting hung up in jungle.
Stainless Mini 14 with folding stock
SKS
HK MP5
HK 91
HK93
Yugo AK's
Yugo M70 AB2 AK's
Winchester model 70 with SUPRESSOR  ???
Beretta 92's
HK handguns of different model. I do not know all the HK models
Colt Python

The people that supply the arms for the show do a fantastic job of showing the type of weapons average people own. Well maybe not the Ma Duce.  :) :) :) :) :)
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
Re: Its fun watching for the different firearms used
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 04:21:52 PM »
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Walking_Dead,_The_-_Season_8

They didn't mention the SKS. Also if you look at the Glock picture you will see a guy with a M14. If you look at the right side, rear of receiver, you will see the selector switch. THAT is a rare bird.

Its funny that the majority are fully auto weapons. Also there are TONS of suppressors used.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 05:08:57 PM »
You can petty easily find M-14s for sale.  It's the price, paperwork and wait time that keeps most away.  If you don't want to go that route, you can get fake selector switches and kits to legally make your M1A look like a full auto gun for $<75.

The companies that supply arms for the movie industry don't have to follow the same set of rules the rest of us mortals have to regarding NFA items.  They can get or make pretty much what they want to.

Suppressors are getting real common.  I usually see one or two shooters using them (other than me) each time I go to a public range.  Probably close to half the gun stores (not sporting goods stores) near me deal in them, along with SBSs, SBRs and other goodies.  This has changed from when I first started collecting what was then incorrectly called 'Class 3' items back in the 90's.  When I got my first can, I had a choice of 2 stores in the entire Houston area.  Now they seem to be everywhere.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 06:02:29 PM »
I think there are something like 500,000 NFA full auto guns in private hands plus all the ones held in gun shops, police stations, military etc.  If the SHTF like in the Walking Dead, after a few years of scavenging you would have all the guns and ammo you could carry.  I like how on the show Last Man on Earth, the main character decorated his house with art scavenged from a museum, he has the original Declaration of Indepence, the T. rex skull from the Field Museum in Chicago, etc.  It's all fantasy, but it's fun to think about what you could scavenge if you were the only person around.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 08:57:00 PM »
  I was given the m16 with the 3 prong flash suppressor when I got there.My question,do they keep their finger out of the trigger guard,unless firing?I have drilled this into my grandchildren over and over.
        They got it down pat.One day this summer one of my son in laws kind of laughed when his boy,my grandson pointed it out one night on some cop show.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 01:23:34 PM »
  I was given the m16 with the 3 prong flash suppressor when I got there.My question,do they keep their finger out of the trigger guard,unless firing?I have drilled this into my grandchildren over and over.
        They got it down pat.One day this summer one of my son in laws kind of laughed when his boy,my grandson pointed it out one night on some cop show.

The three prong suppressors only had ONE redeeming value: They were the best tool for cutting the wires holding the c-ration cases closed.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident