Author Topic: Did you get your NRA 2018 Ballot?  (Read 2418 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
Did you get your NRA 2018 Ballot?
« on: January 26, 2018, 11:15:32 AM »
I got my NRA Directors Ballot in the mail today. They list 35 names and ask you to pick up to 25. I remember the days when there were names you recognize like Wayne, Heston, Major Brown from SOF magazine, a few gun writers but now I don't recognize ANY.

Well since I am going in blind  I think I will NOT vote for anyone from the anti States, Cali,N.Y., Mass etc., if they can't get their States gun laws in order why do we think they could do it for the nation? I am Irish and Italian so I guess the Irish and Italian names get my votes.

Anyone got a better idea on how to pick 25 of 35 unknowns?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 11:40:04 AM by kevinqjhps »
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Re: Did you get your NRA 2018 Ballot?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 05:36:37 PM »
If you want your vote to count for something that's meaningful to you, you need to research the candidates, find out what the issues are, and vote for whom you think will advance your views on the issues. 

An example would be a candidate who is for restricting access to firearms for vets with PTSD.  You would decide how you feel about that issue and vote accordingly.

Voting for someone because you like their haircut or they have your same middle name doesn't make sense if advancing your views is important to you.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 08:16:52 PM »
Kevin you did not recognize any?

Robert K Brown of Soldier of Fortune Magazine stood out to me as did Buz Mills of Gunsite.  Julie Golob (used to shoot for Glock, now S&W) is usually all over the shooting shows on Midways Wednesday night at the range. Thought Robert Nosler and Ronnie Barrett were gimmies.

How about Kim Rhode?  She is one of Americas greatest Olympians. She has medaled at six consecutive Olympic games (no one has ever done that, male or female in any sport at the Summer Games).  One of the greatest shooters of all time.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 11:59:30 PM »
Kevin you did not recognize any?

Robert K Brown of Soldier of Fortune Magazine stood out to me as did Buz Mills of Gunsite.  Julie Golob (used to shoot for Glock, now S&W) is usually all over the shooting shows on Midways Wednesday night at the range. Thought Robert Nosler and Ronnie Barrett were gimmies.

How about Kim Rhode?  She is one of Americas greatest Olympians. She has medaled at six consecutive Olympic games (no one has ever done that, male or female in any sport at the Summer Games).  One of the greatest shooters of all time.

+100

"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis