Author Topic: Selling my R9s Stealth?  (Read 9404 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Selling my R9s Stealth?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2018, 11:42:36 AM »
Out of curiosity Eric, what serial number began the final updates? I have Stealth #57XX. Does it fall in that group?

I'd have to verify with ECR, but I believe the final update was noted by the decimal points in U.S.A. on the slide.  If you have the decimal points, you have the final updates.  If I had to guess, I think it was early 4K.   Phil

That is correct.
If your slide says:  "DEER PARK, NY" in block letters and then "Made in U.S.A.", with the periods after each letter in USA ~ That is the final updated version. Those slides are made from 416 Stainless Steel, the same material as ALL of the barrels.

If your slide says:  DEER PARK, NY in block letters and the other side of the slide says: "Made in USA", without the periods ~ That is the earlier slide also made from 416 Stainless Steel but the firing pin hole is slightly off center, but means nothing at all as for it's igniting a round. Purely cosmetic.

The only difference between those two slides is this: Karl wanted to better center the firing pin hole to the 9mm rounds so they hit dead center on the primer. So we had to reprogram the machines to move the firing pin CNC machined hole about 0.0015" to do that.

Lastly, the early Deer Park, NY slides that the Deer Park, NY is in script type, those were made from 17-4ph Stainless Steel billets. All R9 pistols were made from solid billets and CNC machined and hand fit.

I hope this information helps everyone here.

Regards,

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline docboss

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2018, 01:58:17 PM »
Price drop. $900+ shipping from my FFL to your FFL. Doc

Offline docboss

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 09:18:14 PM »
OK folks. I placed my R9s Stealth on this forum and had a couple of interested parties. The firearm is now on GunBroker if anyone is still interested. Hate to let it go. Fabulous build quality and I really did enjoy it, but my needs have changed. I already have one GunBroker bidder, so it appears it will be sold. Thanks to all. Doc.  :'(

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 10:42:15 PM »
Glad it did well for you Doc while you had her.

Hope the new owner enjoys it to the same standard.

Stay well, Stay safe.

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.