Author Topic: Heads Up: Mislisted Robar model on GB  (Read 5288 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Heads Up: Mislisted Robar model on GB
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 08:22:56 AM »
Yes it does sound good, the average Pup is pretty accurate for the ranges intended, I am wondering how much more accurate it would be given the lighter trigger pull and the Wilson Tuning. (oh also, Karl is still tweaking on the R-45) If I get the Covert there will be a Stealth for sale on here.

Chief

Here is a Forum member that could answer your question.  Send him a PM.

I don't have a standard r9 to compare the trigger to. This is the first one I have owned or handled. I have always been happy with Wilsons quality and accuracy. Figured this was a good teaming with Rohrbaugh.

I can say that the slide and trigger are very smooth. The finish cleans up very easy. I have some wear on the barrel, but I am happy with this all blacked out version.

Compared to the mil spec, these are a barbain:).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:33:25 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 09:28:11 AM »
hmmmmmm    ;D  That is the first comment I have seen by a Covert user. I think I will call the store and get them to do a trigger pull weight test on their gun and then I will do one on mine. On a double action gun accuracy is greatly affected by trigger pull/action  (Of course how much accuracy do you need at the ranges the Pups are designed for  but....)

Chief
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:29:02 AM by Chief-USN »
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline Lchavezmisc

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 12:19:14 PM »
Chief-USN: let me know if you have any questions, or who would like to see some photos.

Might be willing to let mine go if you are interested in saving.  As stated in my previous post, it has some wear from shooting about 100 rounds through it. It has performed flawlessly.  I am the original owner.

I have all of the original packaging and a few extra springs.  

I am finding that it's not comfortable for me as pocket carry, and if I am going to carry on my hip, I go with a pistol that can carry a few more rounds.  It's been riding comfortably in my briefcase lately.

Open to a gentlemans offer.  

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 04:53:01 PM »
Open to a gentlemans offer.  

But not a ladies offer? It is 2011 you know.

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 09:24:04 PM »
LChavesmisc,
 Do you think it might be worth trying a different type/shape of pocket holster before you sell the R9? I have have not gotten around to ordering my second Meco pocket holster yet, but I plan to soon. I need to order a wider version of their standard holster to fit better in the brand of pants I like to wear.
 It is just a thought on my part. For me the R9 is fantastic but I know I need some options on holsters.
 Sincerely,
 Robar233

Offline Lchavezmisc

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 01:13:48 PM »
Joe: I stand corrected:)

Robar: i have a couple of pocket holsters for it, it's more the fact that it's just not a comfortable carry option for me.  In jeans, it digs into me when sitting.  In cargo shorts, it flops around to much.  It's almost like i need a specific holster pocket:) plus loosing a pocket doesn't help.