Author Topic: WTT Rolex for quality firearms  (Read 7451 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: WTT Rolex for quality firearms
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 07:33:49 AM »
Tracker:

With apologies to Mefly2 for drifting his thread, I always sensed that you were a man of impeccable taste.   8)

RJ:

You're right about the little Judge, and among some of the "good stuff" she has been given are three of your beautiful holsters.  

Mefly2:

Good luck with your sale or trade.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:38:21 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Arizona

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 01:00:20 PM »
It is funny how we all talk about all kinds of stuff.

Almost like an extended family.

The band of brothers and sisters.

The r9 gang.

Still waiting to hear about the rolex, however.

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 03:26:58 AM »
Hey I have a Chronomat too! ;D

Well, in that case, you made a good decision on which watch to keep!  I have a 1939 vintage chronomat which my daughter first referred to as my "old fashioned" watch when she was about, hm, maybe 5?  Now she is 11.

I have a crystal back Cossi but it's not very practical.  I have to admit, as good as the face looks it's a tad bit hard to read at a glance, even with practice.  

For years, I have been thinking of getting an Aerospace, but the lack of a backlight has kept me from doing so.  I weat a Luminox Nighthawk.  Very plane and nice.  The biggest attraction is that it burns like a beacon.  I can even read it in a movie theater!  I think I have had it 6 or 7 years.  It just keeps running.

Offline mefly2

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 06:36:41 PM »
o
 [size=16]Rolex is the for older crowd ;)[/size]

Why yes, perhaps ... except that my father gave me my first Rolex in 1969 ([glb]not tooooooo old' [/glb] I trust) - just before reporting for naval aviation training -thank you for the compliment ... only 1.5 years until retirement ... counting military, teaching, and law enforcement time.  You guys are very interesting; I enjoy the comments ... and for keeping my WTS alive!

Incidentally, that Rolex is now on my son's wrist, but it was one of the few items that the USN would allow me to keep ... that and the wedding band ... all else was stripped bare!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 06:41:40 PM by mefly2 »

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 09:51:25 PM »
Mefly,
The Navy is Ok with me, too, despite our one-sided rivalry
with the Black Knights of the Hudson, but after many years
of Naval Aviation I would have found it difficult to wear a
Rolex. Although I cherish one now, and they are very rugged,
how did yours hold up under training?

Offline mefly2

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 07:25:19 PM »
I have since acquired a couple of more subs, but that first one made it through aviation training / duty followed by .44mag quals and mountain rescue with the NPS ... city law enforcement ... teaching .... and, eventually passing through my ailing father and given to my son back in the early 1990s ... great investments!