Author Topic: FYI: Black CF Grips on Gunbroker  (Read 5081 times)

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
FYI: Black CF Grips on Gunbroker
« on: February 09, 2012, 04:30:21 PM »
Great Price for a brand new gun with black CF grips, original Deer Park old English text and a blank warranty card. No relation to seller etc.
I also like the dark gray frame on these older deer parks, compared to the new two tones that have a black frame.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=273106485

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:16:38 PM by BlueC2 »
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: FYI: Black CF Grips on Gunbroker
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 06:51:06 PM »
This is a great buy; even at the Buy It Now price.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 07:00:58 AM »
Taking into account the economy it is refreshing to see someon asking a realistic decent price for this gun. I always scratch my head when I see the $4400 Rohrbaugh that has been for sale on GB for a few years now. He apparently expects to get over a 250% profit.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 11:44:44 AM »
Chief,

I very much agree with what you said.

Here are my thoughts on the $5k Special Forces (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=273235751):
I'll preface this by saying that these are just my thoughts and I am not a big time collector so please don't get offended by anything I say. (Flame suit on)
I don't see any of the coated editions ever being as collectible as Farmingdales or even some of the factory engraved or limited edition models. I think the coated guns are more about function as a weapon. Yes they only made 24 of the SPF, then they made ~80 Robar, and now they are releasing the Coyote. These are all great guns and I would say they probably even have some mild functional advantage over a regular production R9 but where they have had several different coated editions from a collectability standpoint it just doesn't interest me. The $5k he is asking for the SPF I think is more than the elaborately engraved R1000 went for (correct me if I am wrong), it is a lot more than silver framed Farmies go for, of which there are only 14, more than Elite Premiums go for and those were designed as a limited run and numbered as such. I just don't see it, a very nice carry weapon yes, a high value collector piece, not for me.

-Ryan
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:54:00 AM by BlueC2 »
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 12:08:32 PM »
SOLD via buy it now. Hopefully it found a good home with a forum member.
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 12:19:23 PM »
This was an excellent buy, for sure!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 01:39:19 PM »
I did not expect that to sell so fast. :-\

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 01:56:24 PM »
I saw it when it was first listed and was debating buying it now, but at the same time I didn't have an appreciation (understanding) for what it really was, being a newbie and all. Ugh, should have done the buy it now over the weekend.  I also didn't know how the warranty registration would go down, since it was obviously old stock - lower s/n, and also since I wasn't buying it from a dealer and all and the warranty card has a field for where it was purchased from. 

I have been doing a lot of reading on the forum recently in an attempt to educate myself on all things Rohrbaugh.  How come many of the links to old threads do not work - they seem to bring me back to the index page?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:16:37 PM by wildmanwill »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 03:13:25 PM »
I saw it when it was first listed and was debating buying it now, but at the same time I didn't have an appreciation (understanding) for what it reall was, being a newbie and all. Ugh, should have done the buy it now over the weekend.  I also didn't know how the warranty registration would go down, since it was obviously old stock - lower s/n, and also since I wasn't buying it from a dealer and all and the warranty card has a field for where it was purchased from. 

I have been doing a lot of reading on the forum recently in an attempt to educate myself on all things Rohrbaugh.  How come many of the links to old threads do not work - they seem to bring me back to the index page?

Will.  Welcome to the Forum.  The Forum's software was recently updated, so the old links are now not the same.  The old posts were preserved however now have a different place in the Forum; click on search will help; just put in what you want to look for.   Again, welcome.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 03:48:20 PM »
 As I understand it some of the entire threads were deleted by the O.P. and could be related to this question.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 03:52:29 PM »
Will,

With your respect to your question about the warranty. I asked Maria (customer service for Rohrbaugh) about submitting a warranty card even if I did not buy the gun from a dealer. She told me that the warranty goes to whoever sends in the card regardless of where or when they bought it. If you do end up with a used gun without a warranty card more than likely you will be all set as despite what gets talked about here I dont think that many actually make the trip back to the factory. Any slide cracking is taken care of even if you dont have a warranty, and if you need to send the gun in for something else you can buy a lifetime warranty for $150.

-Ryan
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 03:57:32 PM »
Will, welcome to the group. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 04:08:48 PM »
Will,

Also, welcome to the forum! Great group of folks here that are more than willing to help with all questions Rohrbaugh.

-Ryan
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 04:19:09 PM »
Welcome also.  KICKING MYSELF for not buying it this a.m.  :'(
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 04:26:40 PM »
My brother was actually thinking about bidding on it so chances are it would have turned in to a bidding war so the BIN was probably the way to go. I wonder how close the hidden reserve was to the BIN price.
NRA LIFE MEMBER.