Author Topic: FYI: Black CF Grips on Gunbroker  (Read 5080 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: FYI: Black CF Grips on Gunbroker
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 04:42:55 PM »
My brother was actually thinking about bidding on it so chances are it would have turned in to a bidding war so the BIN was probably the way to go. I wonder how close the hidden reserve was to the BIN price.

Ryan.  The way I saw it, was a no reserve auction.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 04:46:00 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 04:55:03 PM »
Ken,

I haven't actually done GB auction before so I am still trying to figure out the details of how things work, so if you know please fill me in. Specifically I was trying to figure out if/when the Buy It Now option will disappear once a bid has been placed.

My current understanding is that the seller can configure a "hidden reserve" at which if the bidding reaches that price the Buy it Now option will disappear and the item will just go to whoever is willing to pay the most and in some cases items have sold for a lot more than the BIN was originally. Alternatively, if you want to try and get a deal you want to bid just enough to meet the hidden reserve so someone cant come along and do the buy it now.

If someone has sold something it would be interesting to hear how it works.   

-Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 05:02:49 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys.  I finally joined a few weeks ago after lurking for some quite some time.

Anyway with reference to the auction (and subject at hand), late last night ( I think it was - or early this AM  - can't remember which) there was one bid placed and the buy it now was still showing when I checked. So possibly the next bid is what made it disappear.  This was a no reserve auction.

I am new to GB also, which was another reason why I was hesitant to bid.  I had confirmed with the seller that they would be transferring it through and FFL local to them, as my FFL stated that sometime people bypass an FFL on the sending side and he would not accept it unless it came from an FFL.  I also asked the seller to confirm that they accepted paypal and without any additional fee.  The seller only replied to my first question.  I replied back asking about the second question but never heard.  For me I want to feel confident when purchasing online, and since I only got half of my question emailed I was even moreso hesitant to bid/buy it now. Oh well...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:05:43 PM by wildmanwill »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 05:03:22 PM »
Ryan.  I really haven't heard of what you describe; not that is not the way it could be.  I have bought, as in this auction, where some bids were placed, and I bought BIN.  Would be interesting to know if there is a hidden reserve.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 05:13:17 PM »
I think I figured it out. Basically where this was a no reserve auction that BIN option would have stayed unless someone bid the same or higher as the BIN (only someone very dumb would do this). If there had been a reserve (same as hidden reserve) the BIN option will disappear once that has been met. I was confused and thought that a reserve price and hidden reserve were two different things. It would be very annoying to be bidding with the BIN option still active. Anyway, sorry to get off topic.

Will, there will be more nice Rohrbaughs for sale and taking your time learning about the different variations and figuring out what fits your needs best is something you wont regret. Enjoy the hunt, it is my favorite part.

-Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 07:48:33 PM »
Thanks Ryan.  Also thanks for info with regards to the warranty card, etc. - very helpful and good to know for next time.