Author Topic: R9S For sale - Gently Used  (Read 4935 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: R9S For sale - Gently Used
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 06:12:31 PM »
Frank.  Congrats on getting the Stealth.  Amazing how things work out and I do know how you feel.  Excellent and enjoy!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Fx3

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 09:36:21 PM »
I took the R9s Stealth to the range today.  It failed to fire 2 of 12, 124gr. Gold Dots and would not fire any of the 115gr. Winchester silvertips, both of which, according to numberous reports, should be very reliable.  I figure this means the pup should be returned to Rohrbaugh for repair.  What do you think this four year old needs? a new spring? firing pin? what?

Offline ehb86

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 09:51:04 PM »
Hi,

First, sorry to hear you had a disappointing first day at the range. Did the unfired rounds show signs of a light strike on the primer?

Also, I think you will get more and better responses if you post this question/report in the R9 general discussion, or with the range reports. I'm sure it will get resolved quickly by Rohrbaugh or suggestions from the forum.

Best regards

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2010, 10:11:03 PM »
Agreed you may want to post this in the range report section.
  I would do a complete cleaning and make sure there was no dirt or foreign objects in the channel for the firing pin.
  I am also sorry to hear about your issues.

John
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 10:12:28 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 10:31:39 PM »
All above good suggestions.  Should the cleaning not work, give Maria a call at Rohrbaugh.  She'll tell you what to do next, like sending the R9 back to the factory.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Fx3

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 04:42:23 PM »
Thanks, guys!  All good suggestions.  I will clean it and look for anything suspicious.  Yes, there were slight dents in the primers.  Next time I will file the results in the range report.  Maria seems to the be the MVP at Rohrbaugh the way everyone talks about her.  Does Rohrbaugh really look at the postings and respond?  If so, that's so cool.

Frank

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 07:13:01 PM »
Someone may occasionally look at the Forum, however, but they don't respond as the Forum is not connected to Rohrbaugh.