Author Topic: WTB Rohrbaugh R9 SF Special Forces  (Read 4268 times)

Offline homey01

WTB Rohrbaugh R9 SF Special Forces
« on: March 31, 2016, 12:57:34 AM »
Hi,

I just had a great experience on this forum buying two sets of grips from members. So instead of looking on Gunbroker I wanted to post a WTB for a NIB including the outer cardboard box R9 SF Special Forces.

You can call me at 724-910-9001 or email me with pictures at homey9@hotmail.com

Thank you,

Joe

Offline erh

• Expert
Re: WTB Rohrbaugh R9 SF Special Forces
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 09:19:27 PM »
No idea, but... There IS one FS on GB...
-E!-
"The Hill", GA.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 09:59:26 PM »
 Beware! That gun has been for sale forever, and it is not pretty. That seller is a thief. He sells Rohrbaugh magazines for $100 and springs for $20. I doubt that he is a Forum member. He goes by the name LittleJ10040. Beware!!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:01:17 PM by cargaritaville »
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline DanR9SF

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 12:45:31 PM »
Good choice!  I have a SF, bought new when they first came out, but I'd never sell it.  Carried daily in a Mitch Rosen Pocket Softie, shot a few times a year.  It's been 100% reliable however the black coating has worn away in many areas.  Gives it character.  I believe I paid $1795 back in 2009 from a gentleman FFL in Florida, and at the time it sure seemed like a lot for a little pocket gun.  Hell it WAS a lot but who else back then (or today) sells a small 9mm pocket gun that's reliable, accurate and has such a sweet trigger?  I picked up half a dozen magazines from the factory and it's been my partner ever since.  It's so small I have to touch my pocket to check if I have it with me.

Good luck finding a NIB R9SF.  There was a time back in 2009 that I received a couple email offers for double what I paid. 

Recently I purchased an R9S from the man with his name on the side of the gun - and that one sits in the safe until I or the SF bite the dust.  Will Remington ever release its version of the R9?     
R9S and R9SF - Not For Sale

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 08:35:10 AM »
I always liked building those all black Special Forces R9s. I tried to pick the best individual parts for all parts of those guns. Just saying......  lol.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

bamboobob

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 10:40:09 PM »
Beware! That gun has been for sale forever, and it is not pretty. That seller is a thief. He sells Rohrbaugh magazines for $100 and springs for $20. I doubt that he is a Forum member. He goes by the name LittleJ10040. Beware!!!

I went to look for pic of R9SF
and found this one sold 4/3 /2016 @ $2500

Were those grips only on the Special Forces R9s    ? ? ?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:45:54 PM by bamboobob »

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 11:38:55 AM »
In ref. to the SF grips sets. . . . Yes, originally they were only offered on that model. After a while, we had many people looking to buy just the grips sets for their own R9, so Karl decided to offer those for sale to the public as an accessory item.

Regards,

ECR
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

bamboobob

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 01:22:19 PM »
Thanks for info.
Those grips might be more rare than the expensive blue ones I have seen many times.