Miscellaneous > Other Guns

So the wait begins............(again)

(1/5) > >>

MikeInTexas:
Seeing the news that the Honey Badger pistol has been arbitrarily declared a SBR by the BAFT, and wanting to get ahead of a bunch of electronic form 1's because of it, I moved up my approvial time-frame and started my 'budget' project.  (This has me concerned as I have a few AR pistols.)

Was going to wait until the supplies arrived next week, to get precise length measurements.
Signed up on eForms.

Got a passport photo app downloaded for the required picture.  Took one. Uploaded it.

Spent a frustrating hour filling out the electronic paperwork and dropping $200.  The system is not very user friendly or fast.

Waiting on the email and instructions for the fingerprinting, got only 10 days to submit those.

I've done eFile before when I used my trust (no photos, no fingerprinting back then), did this one as an individual.

My budget parts should arrive next week for this endeavor.  Scheduled for delivery on the 16th.  Not going to disclose my source until the deal is done and delivered.  The supplier is part of the fun :)

I am using an old receiver and barrel from a Ruger MkII.  Got a target model that I will swap out the upper half with for this project.  Amazon got me a $12 scope rail designed for a MKIII and MKIV.  The MKII was not drilled and tapped for the mounts like later models are.  So spun up the drill press and after a lot of leveling to find the top, got it drilled, tapped and installed.  Planning on putting the new red dot sight from Bushnell on it when I can find one.

Got an buddy who has a lathe, he's offered to cut and thread the barrel.  Hopefully in the next few weeks we can get together and cut some threads.

Have a phone number for a guy who can engrave the parts when they arrive, if not I'll use Things Remembered in the mall again to get the legal aspects met.
(You have to have a good story about what the parts are, they freak out if you say anything gun related.  If you are creative you can usually buffalo them into doing the work cheap)

As all stamp collectors know, the wait is the hardest part.

I'll get some photos up soon.

backupr9:
Wishing you the best of Irish luck!  (Actually, I am a Scot)  ;)

MikeInTexas:
Phase 1

Still waiting on BATFE to send me fingerprint instructions, over 24 hours now and I've got to get them in with only 9 days left.

Anybody else spend last evening listening to Van Halen songs?  They were a good part of the soundtrack of my youth.

--- Quote from: backupr9 on October 07, 2020, 09:32:19 AM ---Wishing you the best of Irish luck!  (Actually, I am a Scot)  ;)

--- End quote ---

From what I can figure out with our linage, we passed through there quite a few hundred years ago.  Don't think we were invited though.

8)

tracker:
That would be the Ulster Scots on their way here from Scotland through Ireland. I am also descended from that hardy stock.

backupr9:
Lindsay Clan with Gordon affiliations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version