Author Topic: Can't stop shooting!  Range Trip #3  (Read 5445 times)

Offline bluegun

• Sharpshooter
Can't stop shooting!  Range Trip #3
« on: April 24, 2008, 10:19:45 PM »
Hi all.  Spring has sprung in dear ol' Juneau.  One week ago we were in the grips of a blizzard, with 10" of snow dumped in one night.  Today it's 50 degrees and sunny.  Time for a "mental health day" from work and a trip to the range.

I just took delivery of 6 boxes of .32NAA ammo today, so i wrung out my NAA Guardian .32NAA with a full 20 rounds (1 box worth - $20, ouch).  it's fun.

then i turned to the main event.  you know, in between range trips, i forget just how much fun it is to shoot the pup.  this stealth, R2584 (i don't know why we put "x" on the last digit), shoots precisely to point of aim.  and shoots prefectly with gold dots too!  you may recall that i had a little initial problem with feeding the first round off a magazine (off the shelf hard ball).    It required "very p.i.c.k.y. positioning of the first round nose to get it to feed smoothly.)  Tom and others reminded me that i would probably be better off with silvertip or gold dot, or something with a little less "nose."

i took their excellent advice, and went out with a couple boxes of gold dots.  mighty fine shootin' !  don't have anything to report other than i killed off a milk jug at about 25 feet.  (i hate those milk jugs!).

there were a couple of border guards (got to keep those canadians out, you know!) practicing for qualifying.  nice to see how serious these young men were in developing their skills.  when they saw me shooting something that "they couldn't quite see," they wandered down the firing line and met the pup.  let them each fire a mag.  they were impressed by how smooth it was for such a small pistol.  i do have two nicely applied strips of grip tape on, and i find it necessary, but i was again surprised and pleased by how much "nicer" the pup is to shoot than my guardian .32NAA.  (that 4 foot jet of flame and huge noise out of a pistol the size of my thumb IS kind of fun though!)

anyhow, not scientific.  no problems.  just gossiping, but i thought i'd check in.

hope you're all having as much fun as i am.

michael hildebrand
juneau, alaska
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 10:21:13 PM by bluegun »

ccoorreeyy

Re: Can't stop shooting!  Range Trip #3
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 10:47:32 PM »
Another good report.  Glad your enjoying the pup.  I know I love mine!
Corey

Offline Jack Foulard

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 06:47:42 PM »
this stealth, R2584 (i don't know why we put "x" on the last digit

I think folks do that so that you get a general idea of the serial number range without spelling it all all.  I guess its likenot posting your personal information.  I'm not sure what someone would do with your full serial number but there are some twisted people out there.  

Keep posting here.  Its nice to see some increased traffic and reading how folks enjoy this this fun little gun.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 08:35:02 AM »
Michael:

Thank you for that good range report! Good to see you posting again. Glad to hear that things are beginning to thaw out up there under the "Eight Stars of Gold."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 08:36:21 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 12:06:10 PM »
fun on a warm day, good shooting.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 10:09:12 PM »
Nice to get out shooting isn't it!!! ;)

Thanks for the great report..

One can hear the "happiness" in your post!! 8)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline RickP

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 10:38:36 AM »
Good to hear your enjoying your Pup!

I sure do have a good time shooting mine :)

Rick