Author Topic: Fundraising Needs for the Forum  (Read 12773 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Fundraising Needs for the Forum
« on: June 27, 2012, 11:32:10 PM »
Hello all,

In the past 7 months or so since the forum upgrade, a number of you have approached me about donations to the forum--which I turned down, thinking we were in the clear.

Things changed today when Tech Guy's hosting service unexpectedly and significantly upped his rate for the upcoming renewal.  We need to consider other options, and quickly--which will likely require a move to another host.  We are shopping it around, and will likely buy at least two years up front to "buy down" the rate.

So...I am looking to raise about $200 or so in the next couple of days.   Donations via PayPal (admin@rohrbaughforum.com) are always useful, but checks by mail are great too.  Heck, I can even take credit cards now!

Thanks to anyone who can help this time, and thanks again--as always--to those who have helped in the past.  As Admin of this forum, I have never wanted for financial or moral support, and that means a lot.

DDGator (Duane)
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
Re: Fundraising Needs for the Forum
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 11:49:14 PM »
Hello all,

In the past 7 months or so since the forum upgrade, a number of you have approached me about donations to the forum--which I turned down, thinking we were in the clear.

Things changed today when Tech Guy's hosting service unexpectedly and significantly upped his rate for the upcoming renewal.  We need to consider other options, and quickly--which will likely require a move to another host.  We are shopping it around, and will likely buy at least two years up front to "buy down" the rate.

So...I am looking to raise about $200 or so in the next couple of days.   Donations via PayPal (admin@rohrbaughforum.com) are always useful, but checks by mail are great too.  Heck, I can even take credit cards now!

Thanks to anyone who can help this time, and thanks again--as always--to those who have helped in the past.  As Admin of this forum, I have never wanted for financial or moral support, and that means a lot.

DDGator (Duane)

Sent $25.00 as a pay pal gift
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 09:28:27 AM »
Duane:

PayPal donation of $25.00 sent.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 03:37:07 PM »
Duane

I am on vacation this week.

I will get a MO out to you next week.

Thanks Adam

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 07:16:24 AM »
Hello all,

DDGator (Duane)

Duane please keep us informed as to how the donations are coming in. I will make an additional donation if needed.  Jack
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 08:36:58 AM »
Sent what I could.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 01:43:08 PM »
Thanks to all who have responded so far.  We are at about $100 or so.  Not sure exactly where we are going to land yet -- there will be some down time.  I will post about that in a new thread when I have the details.

If anything goes haywire and the site is down unexpectedly, you can e-mail me at admin@rohrbaughforum.com.  I don't expect that to happen, but we are in uncharted terriority for a short time.

Thanks!

Duane (DDGator)

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 01:58:47 PM »
Duane, I enjoy the forum a lot and made a paypal contribution to help the cause.

-Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 02:42:40 PM »
Thanks to all who have responded so far.  We are at about $100 or so.  Not sure exactly where we are going to land yet -- there will be some down time.  I will post about that in a new thread when I have the details.

If anything goes haywire and the site is down unexpectedly, you can e-mail me at admin@rohrbaughforum.com.  I don't expect that to happen, but we are in uncharted terriority for a short time.

Thanks!
What would it cost to fund the site we currently use?
NRA Life Member

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 04:05:25 PM »

Thanks!
What would it cost to fund the site we currently use?

What Jack posted.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 11:54:50 PM »
    Duane, I can't find your mailing address. Give it to me again and I'll get a check in the mail ASAP.       Gene
birdman

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 01:56:47 PM »
    Never mind Duane I found your address and the check went out in today's mail.        Gene
birdman

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 08:57:34 AM »
Hey all -- the move is complete and I think it will be better than what we had.  We are positioned well for future growth and expansion.  This was a move that had been coming for a while, and the price increase just spurred a quicker decision.

The contributions made and on their way were sufficient to get this done and take care of our foreseen needs for about 3 years based upon our current subscription rates.  Thanks to everyone who helped out on short notice -- I do appreciate it!   :)

Duane (DDGator)

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 11:28:07 AM »
Just noticed this thread.  Please let me know if any future donations are needed.  I'd be happy to contribute.

-Adam
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 01:35:29 PM »
    Duane, PM sent         
birdman