Author Topic: WTB: IWB holster for R9S  (Read 5949 times)

Offline NV_Shooter

WTB: IWB holster for R9S
« on: July 03, 2010, 11:30:13 PM »
I am hopefully going to be taking reciept of my new R9S from theirishguard next week, and I need an IWB to put it in. I already have a pocket holster, and I have a custom IWB on order from my favorite custom holster maker, but, it is going to be a long time before I see it.  So if anyone has some nice leather they would sell, let me know. Used or new, I would like to see them. If anyone knows of a place that has them in stock, I would apreciate the info, thanks guys!  
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 11:32:47 PM by NV_Shooter »

ccoorreeyy

Re: WTB: IWB holster for R9S
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 11:51:07 PM »
Who is the custom maker making your holster?  Please post pictures when you get it!
corey
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 11:54:38 PM by ccoorreeyy »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 12:19:43 AM »
NV_Shooter, Welcome to the group.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline NV_Shooter

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 12:44:21 AM »
I'm waiting for Nossar Gunleather to get a blue gun so he can make me one.  He says he is on the waiting list. If you have never handled one of his holsters, you wouldn't beleive it. I have no idea how he makes it so thin, and it comes boned perfect, and pre-contoured.  I just got a Shell Cordovan IWB-III with shark skin trim for my Ed Brown 5" 1911.  I am hoping to get the same holster made for the R9S, but it is going to be a long time. He still needs to get the blue gun, then I have to wait my turn. Some things are worth it!!  Thanks for the welcome guys, and I will be sure to post the pics when I get them.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 12:46:34 AM »
I did not know they made a R9 Bluegun.  I will have to get me one of those.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 01:14:46 AM »
Let's see a pic of the holster he made you for the 1911. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline NV_Shooter

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 01:43:53 AM »
Looks like I found what I was looking for. Corrrey, thanks for the quick reply. This forum is great. I got the R9S on order from the irishguard, yankees takedown tool on order, and a holster from corrrey on the way. All within a couple days.  I will figure out how to post pics, and get you that picture of the holster from Nossar.  Thanks agian.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 08:22:02 AM »
NV.  Welcome to the Forum.  Congrats on the purchase of the  R9S.  You're going to like the little wonder, for sure.  Looking forward to those holster pictures.  Again, welcome and post often.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 09:25:42 AM »
I did not know they made a R9 Bluegun.  I will have to get me one of those.

I need one too, or, Corey, you can get you and your boys making one out of wood.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 10:42:34 AM »
     I too love blue guns, and have many. Altho, I do have several stainless as well.   ;)    HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!  Gene
birdman

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 10:56:03 AM »
   NV_shooter, I forgot to welcome you to the best gun forum on the internet and the best pocket pistol made. Post often, and enjoy our company as much as we'll enjoy your's.      Gene
birdman

Offline NV_Shooter

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 11:38:25 AM »
Thanks for all the welcomes, if someone could point me to a thread that explains how to post pictures, I would appreciate it. I looked it up under the search feature, but didn't find anything. Also, it's hard to pick uo sarcasm over type, but, I wanted to clarify by "blue gun" I meant gun mold for the holster.  I think you guys already knew that. Thanks!

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 12:54:01 PM »
I use Photobucket, and have not tried any other method.
Load the pics into photobucket, click on IMG Code, copy it and paste the code in your post and the picture will be here.

If there is anything you need for the R9, Cory is the man to contact, if he doesn't have it, he probably knows were you can get it ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 02:10:30 PM »
    NV, I don't think that anyone was being sarcastic with you. We were just having fun with a new friend. Happy 4th!! Gene
birdman

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 02:19:24 PM »

I agree with Gene; congeniality is an implicit and inextricable characteristic of this forum.