Author Topic: Tools for Cleaning and Maintenance of the R-9  (Read 47547 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Tools for Cleaning and Maintenance of the R-9
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2011, 07:29:27 PM »
I really like that T handle one Corey made.  Talk about being able to grip it.  It is a hoss.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2011, 07:42:48 PM »
Now that I have not seen.

Come to think about it, I have a set of T- handles, but I don't think it goes down to 1/16.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2011, 07:49:21 PM »
I've been looking for one as well.  Guess I'll have to do what Corey did and make one.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2011, 07:52:49 PM »
I dont know... if you need a T-handle to get that much torque, you will probably strip the hex head of the screw.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2011, 08:03:12 PM »
I think it's more for loosening when locktite is involved.  Also in some areas, I believe it was in saltwater areas we had members with corossion problems.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 08:03:29 PM by Reinz »

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2011, 08:05:12 PM »
This is weird!

The above post, I spelled SALTWATER correctly and it came out posted misspelled.

I went to correct it and it showed ok!

WTH

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2011, 08:06:11 PM »
It will not post SALT  WATER !

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 08:07:27 PM »
I think it's more for loosening when locktite is involved.  Also in some areas, I believe it was in saltwater areas we had members with corossion problems.

It is, for loosening the locktite treated screws.  I don't change grips, but wanted the tool just in case I decide to.  I'll make one when I get around to it; last on my list.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2011, 08:09:26 PM »
This is weird!

The above post, I spelled SALTWATER correctly and it came out posted misspelled.

I went to correct it and it showed ok!

WTH

Now that is weird.  Never had that to happen! ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2011, 08:10:38 PM »
It will not post SALT  WATER !

Looks like it worked that time!    :D

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2011, 08:13:02 PM »
I had to put an extra space in.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 08:15:41 PM »
I had to put an extra space in.

I thought you had invented another word!    ;D

Offline parkgt

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2011, 09:25:44 PM »
I dont know... if you need a T-handle to get that much torque, you will probably strip the hex head of the screw.

I have this set of gunsmithing screw drivers.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=BQ&prodID=BQT0045&prodTitle=B-Square%20Profession%20Gunsmith%20Screwdriver%20Set

I would not begin to work on firearms without something similar.  It has the correct 1/16" bit and the handle size and shape give you plenty of grip.

If you haven't used a good set of hollow ground screw driver bits you are in for a treat.  There are better sets out there but IMO not at this price.  I found that I get this set out of my gunsmithing tool box for many other household projects.

Offline Dire_Straits

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 09:53:21 AM »

I have this set of gunsmithing screw drivers.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=BQ&prodID=BQT0045&prodTitle=B-Square%20Profession%20Gunsmith%20Screwdriver%20Set

I would not begin to work on firearms without something similar.  It has the correct 1/16" bit and the handle size and shape give you plenty of grip.

If you haven't used a good set of hollow ground screw driver bits you are in for a treat.  There are better sets out there but IMO not at this price.  I found that I get this set out of my gunsmithing tool box for many other household projects.

I've got the B-Square set and the BIG set from Wheeler Engineering and alot of other misc. tools for gunsmithing to include some nice torque wrenches.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, said the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2021, 11:00:14 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but I referred a member of the Seecamp forum here for info on the Rohrbaugh takedown tool, and I wanted it to be clear to him what I was talking about. These are from Steve's site, which I see has disappeared since he was gone.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 11:24:48 PM by Joe from NY »