Author Topic: My new AR pistol  (Read 6122 times)

Offline PursuitSS

• Expert
Re: My new AR pistol
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 03:30:59 PM »
I’m a huge fan of the Franklin Armory BFS III Binary Trigger, the only issue that seems to occur with it is if you’re running a standard weight bolt carrier it’s possible to pull the trigger too fast and you can wind up with a round chambered with the hammer resting against the carrier (not cocked).

The solution is run a lightweight carrier as they cycle much faster, my BFS III Rifle has a J.P. Enterprises LMOS QPQ carrier and I’ve yet to be able to out run the carrier.

There are YouTube videos of people reaching over 800 r.p.m. with the BFS III
NRA Endowment Member
Moderator - “80%” Forum AR15.com

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 06:41:34 PM »
That is interesting PursuitSS.  That is opposite of what the Fostech seems to want.  Glad to hear you are having good experiences with your trigger.  I might end up with one of those.  Most gun shops in my area carry both.  Caught up with the owner of a local shop at The Home Depot this weekend, put one in his wife's rifle and she loves it.  First issue with the Fostech he as heard of.  I guess I am the lucky one...............well until you check the internet :)

Cleaned it up this morning, not a speck of dirt, grime, crud to be found, but I took the trigger out and checked anyway.  Went to a different range where full auto and simulated full auto fire is allowed.  Same issue, when slow fining on binary sometimes the trigger does not fall on the first round, but does on the release.  However, issue does not show up when using a bump fire type c-clamp on the hand (loosely holding the trigger and grip).  It ripped off half dozen with ease.  I would like to get a shot timer on it, those rounds are pumping out quickly.

Talked to Fostech and will be sending in the lower for them to check it out.

I'll let you all know.

Offline PursuitSS

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 09:22:37 PM »
Over on ARFCOM, there have been photos posted of broken parts on the Fostech Echo.

It APPEARS that they are using MIM parts in the manufacturing of them. There haven’t been a lot of failures reported but there have been several.

If you’re running a blowback pistol caliber AR, the Echo appears to be the ONLY choice because you really shouldn’t cut the weight on carriers used in blowback AR’s.
NRA Endowment Member
Moderator - “80%” Forum AR15.com

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2019, 11:47:11 PM »
Finally got a chance to get the repaired trigger to the range.  I've had it a couple of weeks now, just no time.  Unfortunately this range does not allow rapid fire, however within the limits placed on my shooting the system worked well.

Got more impressed with the pistol as a whole.  Was able to get 90% hits on a steel silhouette target at 300 yards, from a bench.  Turned the Aimpoint down to a lower level where the dot was a lot smaller to see the target.  Really like the SBA3 brace, not much of a difference from a regular stock....................if I ever needed to shoot it that way  ::)

PursuitSS, I am not planning on putting a lot of hard work on it, however I do hope Fostech is as friendly to deal with as they were with this past issue if it does break.  I do see replacement springs on their website, may pick up a set as a back up.  That would not solve a issue with a MIM part though.