Author Topic: multiple problems  (Read 5869 times)

Offline artec

multiple problems
« on: January 17, 2011, 11:54:57 PM »
      Been away from forum for quite some time! Finally decided to take r9 stealth out of moth balls and get it running right. She has to take a trip back to the island for repairs. I really want to be able to trust the gun and carry it in warmer weather. Its a shame I lost faith in it- bought it new in "07". Never ran right, ftf's, fte's, light primer strikes, grip screw woes etc. Enough whining! Anyway, has anyone lost their grip screw threads in the frame rather than just the screws themselves? Also wanted to clean out firing pin tunnel but pin stop appears to be swaged in place. I'm going to leave the repairs to the experts at Rohrbaugh, still appreciate any feedback. Nice to be back. thanks, Steve.  

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: multiple problems
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 07:39:07 AM »
Good luck!  I know how you feel.

Offline RickP

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 09:50:04 AM »
Steve,

Sorry to hear about all the problems. Please let us know how it all works out.  

Rick

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »
Steve,
    Welcome back and I too am sorry to hear of the problems. I do not recall reading of any frame thread issues, most screw problems seem to be related to the hex socket on the screw itself.
   I'm sure the factory will get it running as it should be.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 10:38:52 AM »

Steve,
I had a screw head fail during a range session if that is what you mean. It was probably due to dissimilar metal corrosion and had to be returned to the factory.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 10:45:34 AM »
Steve.  Welcome back, for sure!  Definitely sorry you're having such a time with your Stealth.  You can rest assured Rohrbaugh will fix it, whatever the problem.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 11:27:59 AM »
Steve, sorry to hear about your problems. Send it back, the bros will take care of it. What ammo were you shooting ?   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline flintsghost

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 05:35:21 PM »
I have already mentioned the use of anti seize lubricants on another thread about screws and threads.   Their use can prevent the problem you have experienced with the threads in the frame becoming damaged.   Once threads are damaged then there are a couple of things that can be done.  Return it to the factory and hope they can rethread it or will replace the frame for a nominal charge.   Or you can try to find a helicoil that could go in without a problem and maintain the same thread pitch.    This might be real difficult because helicoils are available only in common sizes in my experience and gun screws tend to be odd balls.   The anti seize lubes work.  Give them a try  when you get it back from Rohrbaugh.
Clips go in womens hair, magazines go into firearms