Author Topic: Thankful  (Read 2328 times)

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
Thankful
« on: November 25, 2004, 02:17:36 PM »
Guys - just a moment here to pause and give thanks, As we sit and feast today with family and friends and cherish our many freedoms I want to acknowledge our military folks the world over for fighting for our riches and every freedom we enjoy.

I recently attended the funeral of a friend who was killed in Fallujah - Todd C. He was killed leading a counter attack against severe odds. He not only repelled the attack but led his unit to safety without any casualties except, unfortunately, his. It was desperate situation and he was killed by an RPG at the last second. Todd was 38 with two small kids and a fiance at home, not to mention his parents and brother and sister.

I saw soldiers, battle-hardened men, cry at his funeral. Some traveled all the way from Iraq to be with him until his final resting place. Todd was a soldier's soldier - he routinely volunteered for missions and his actions on the day he was killed earned him two bronze stars - amazing!

I am posting this not to be morbid on this day of thanks, but simply to acknowledge the sacrifice of our military and their families. God Bless.
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Thankful
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 11:41:12 PM »
>>FB-01...

I am very sorry for the loss of your friend.  Thanks for the opportunity to recognize this hero and give thanks to others like him who stand up every day for what they believe for all of our sakes...TW<<

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Thankful
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 12:51:25 PM »
FB01:

You have my profound sympathy on the loss of your friend.  Take comfort in the knowledge that our nation is stronger and safer as a result of his exemplary service over and above the call of duty.  

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Thankful
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 06:01:19 PM »
FB ... sad and sobering news - you have my sincere condolences also.

I'd hope (and expect anyways) that his memory will survive us all and bring some joy at least within the cloak of sadness.  I hope and trust his passing will not have been in vain and salute his courage and those of his comrades.

We have much to be thankful for - but also certainly should remember things such as this - all the better to realize how fortunate we are, thanks to the sacrifices of others.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.