Author Topic: WTB: Rohrbaugh Elite Premium  (Read 14719 times)

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
WTB: Rohrbaugh Elite Premium
« on: December 04, 2011, 10:52:25 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I know this is a long shot but I figured I would give it a try. I would love to get my hands on one of the special Rohrbaugh Elite Premiums and am willing to pay  a reasonable premium for the gun. I have privately contacted one member who I know has one and he was very nice but is not currently not looking to sell. Any leads would be appreciated. I would also be interested in an elite or factory robar edition and would want to source some factory black CF grips to put on it.

Thanks,
Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: WTB: Rohrbaugh Elite Premium
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 12:16:24 PM »
Ryan welcome to the forum and good luck in your search.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 01:24:49 PM »
      Ryan, welcome to Rohrbaugh Land! I think that you will enjoy it here as much as I do. good luck on your search.     Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 05:33:26 PM »
Ryan.  Welcome to the Forum from me as well.  Good luck, too, on your search.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 09:15:01 PM »
Welcome to the forum!!

Wish you well on your quest!!
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 12:01:14 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, this is by far the friendliest web forum I have ever joined!

Also thank you for the well wishes regarding the search. I realize that it will likely take quite a while especially since the only place I have looked is with a group of people who really love their pups.

Getting any of the above mentioned guns will be difficult, but finding factory black CF grips adds an additional level of difficulty. Does anyone know why the factory no longer sells CF grips. I know CF is expensive but I dont see why they can't sell them seperatly or just charge more for a gun with them installed.  Anyway, thanks for any help and I'm going to call a few dealers this week and see if I get any leads. I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks,
Ryan
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 07:57:59 AM »
The CF is expensive due to expensive raw materials and expensive manufacturing costs.  They also had problems sometimes with getting the right color (especially with the blue) and getting two panels that matched well-enough to be put on the same gun.  Ultimately it was just too much expense and too much hassle.  Doing them in smaller quantities would increase the price even more.  I think they are just too busy to deal with all the problems when there are other alternatives.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 08:45:38 PM »
Here is a set of Black CF's for you.  $875 with a R9.  Buy it, put some G10's on it and resell it for the same money.  End up with a set of Black CF's for less than $100 in them. 

http://www.gunsamerica.com/928144478/Guns/Pistols/R-Misc-Pistols/Rohrbaugh_R9.htm

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 09:13:58 PM »
Here is a set of Black CF's for you.  $875 with a R9.  Buy it, put some G10's on it and resell it for the same money.  End up with a set of Black CF's for less than $100 in them. 

http://www.gunsamerica.com/928144478/Guns/Pistols/R-Misc-Pistols/Rohrbaugh_R9.htm

CWC, Great Idea, thank you for suggesting it. I wrote to the seller and made them an offer for just the grips that would cover buying replacement grips, any reduction in sale price, and a profit. If they are not interested I can proceed with your plan.

Thanks,
Ryan

[/quote]
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
Ryan, I believe CZ may make Carbon Fiber grips for the R9 also.

Phil

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 08:48:39 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to post an update on my search for one of these special pups. Through searching the forum I was able to find another member who does indeed have an elite premium. He was really nice but loves the gun too much to let it go, and I honestly don't blame him. I was also contacted my a member who has 3 NIB elites and a NIB SPF. He and I talked on the phone for almost an hour about the various things we collect and he is willing to sell one of his elites for a fair price given its NIB condition. Now I just need to decide if I should pull the trigger on the elite or if I should hold out for potentially finding a premium. I am close to going with the elite and sourcing some factory CF grips and just calling it good. Anyway, I am interested to hear your opinions.

Thanks,
Ryan
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 10:39:07 PM »
Ryan, it sounds like a great opportunity and passing it up may lead to disappointment later. You can always sell the Elite if you find a Premium.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 06:51:31 AM »
Are you going to be shooting what ever you end up with or will it sit in a safe?  If Shooten buy it, if not wait till you find what you really want.

If it was me and I really wanted one I would call Rohrbaugh and ask what dealers were sent the premium ones and call each of those guys.  Betcha one of them still has one and would sell it. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:54:38 AM by cwc »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 09:18:04 AM »
You could also get the Elite and if a Premium comes along, get it too.  I know that may seem like a stretch, but hey, it would be worth it, since only 16 Premiums were made; in the end, it's your call, of course.   Me...............I'd have to get the Elite, now.......... :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 02:31:31 PM »
Ryan, I think Corey has a good idea there and he certainly does know what he is talking about in regards to tracking down collectible Rohrbaughs. If that does not work I would certainly grab an Elite for the right price like Ken suggested. By the way in my previous post I meant to say VZ grips, they have some very nice carbon fibers for the R9.