Author Topic: My new /old R9s  (Read 4001 times)

Offline ehb86

My new /old R9s
« on: April 30, 2010, 10:46:31 PM »
I just got a nice, early, R9s from a local forum member this past week, great guy to deal with and really nice little pistol.

Having never owned a Rohrbaugh I was really impressed as soon as I realy looked it over, it feels nice and sure fits in my pockets well.

I've been carrying J frame Smiths for quite awhile and really do like them. They're accurate, and the 340 M&P is very light and packs a nice load with 5 .357. However, this R9 just carries so easily and with seven rounds of 9mm, feels pretty darn solid.

Here's the range report part. I went to the range a couple days after getting it and put about forty rounds through it, trouble free. It shoots really well as you all know and felt very comfortable right from the beginning. It doesn't kick as hard as the .357 loads in the 340, but it's pretty stiff. Very controllable though I think. So I am a pleased owner and I'm sure it is now my everyday carry piece, it just disappears so easily it's hard to think about carrying anything else unless I've got a cover garment on. Great gun and thanks Jim.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: My new /old R9s
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 01:27:53 AM »
ehb86.  Congratulations on getting the early R9s.  Glad you had great results on your range session.  One amazing little wonder, for sure.  Continue to enjoy!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 10:27:50 AM »
ehb:

Welcome to the Forum, and congratulations on your new/old R9s. I predict that your admiration for this little masterpiece will continue to grow, just as mine has done since taking delivery of my "Farmingdale" in 2004.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 10:32:55 AM »
This is getting to be an obsession!  I keep looking for that early "Farmingdale"; very early!    ;D  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 12:51:12 PM »
ehb, welcome to the forum and pup ownership. even gray haired pups do a fine job of keeping one safe, as you found out on the range.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 06:03:18 PM »
This is getting to be an obsession!  I keep looking for that early "Farmingdale"; very early!    ;D  

KJ:

No. 132 may be available -- when my hand looks like this:

;)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 06:14:28 PM »
Richard.  Now we don't want that to happen!   That looks like that could hurt.  Ouch!

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 08:16:09 PM »

You and me both.  I'm hoping to score soon!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 08:58:32 PM »
Sounds like you may have a good lead!    :)