Author Topic: Ruger Gunsite Scout .308  (Read 2447 times)

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
Ruger Gunsite Scout .308
« on: December 12, 2011, 10:09:13 PM »
Anybody have one of these yet?  I had been “kind of” looking for one of these but they seemed to be scarce in right hand variety.  When I got home a few weeks ago I called my FFL and asked about a couple guns.  Saturday I dropped in to say hello and he pulled this out of the storeroom, said he could have sold it a zillion times but held it back since he knew I was "looking"….well, it “sort of” stuck to my hands (and came with a XDm 3.8 .45, pix coming) so I just had to bring the poor thing home.  I was diggn’ the .308, magazine fed, carbine sized bolt rifle.  My plan is a high relief 4x optic or perhaps one of those dot sights.  Recall the dude in Ohio who turned his big exotic cats collection loose?  That alone is reason to own one of these (never know what the neighbors have).  At least that’s what I was telling myself.   :)  Now I need a good deal on some surplus M80 7.62….

American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Ruger Gunsite Scout .308
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 10:16:30 PM »
AT.  Nice.  Don't have one yet, but I do like the .308.     :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 08:46:57 AM »
Yes, I have one.  I am embarrassed to say I have not shot it yet...  So far, I love it!   ;)
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »
AT:

That FFL of yours is a true friend, and that Ruger Gunsite Scout .308 is a superbly designed firearm chambered in a caliber that has long proven itself on the field of battle, the hunting field, and range competition. I think that Colonel Jeff Cooper would be proud of Ruger's rendition of his concept for a “fighting carbine Scout Rifle." Congratulations on your new acquisition!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 01:30:36 AM »
That's a great gun AT.  I have a friend who has the same rifle in .308 and I have had the pleasure of shooting it.  It is a fine rifle for sure.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 11:02:33 AM »
Congrats.  Still have not found one for myself.  While I wait, I practiced by building this .22 scout as a "trainer" for the .308.

Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 12:01:54 PM »
Nice one Ljutic....
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop