Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh R9 (all variations)

New R9s Owner To Be

(1/8) > >>

Praelus:
Hi all,

I am a soon-to-be owner of a new in box R9s, as I just recently won an online auction.  Hopefully will have the gun in hand within a week or two.

I probably paid more for it than I should have, but what can I say - I guess I fell for the Rohrbaugh seduction. And seeing that hang tag still attached to the trigger guard sealed the deal for me! :)

I also ordered several different types of 9mm ammo to have on hand when it arrives - Speer Gold Dot 115 gr and 124 gr, Winchester Silvertip 115 gr, and Federal HST Micro 150 gr.  I am only planning on trying the types other than Speer GD 124 if I have failures in the first 3 magazines - if I get through the 3 initial mags with the Speer GD 124, I’ll end the range session content, carry the gun happily, and not shoot again for 6 months... scout’s honor! :)

But I wanted to have alternatives in place in case I do experience failures, though hopefully it doesn’t come to that.

I also stocked up on Super Lube and will give it a thorough inspection, cleaning, and lubing before the first range session.

At any rate, I’m glad to have this forum as a resource and hope you won’t mind if I share my range reports.

Thanks!

MikeInTexas:
Welcome to the forum Praelus,

You will find an extensive knowledge base here regarding your new pistol.

You will also find a friendly and civilized group of members.

It's unlike any forum I have experienced on the internet.

Kick off your shoes and stay awhile.

PhilZ:
Welcome.  There are a few good takedown and reassembly videos on YouTube that will help with field stripping after your range day.  One of the various reassembly tools helps too.

ECR:
Welcome aboard  Praelus.

All good folks here and, as mentioned, a wealth of Rohrbaugh R9 Pistol information and history.

Enjoy looking around the different threads and acquaint yourself with the happenings in the R9 community.

I do believe you will enjoy the comradery here.

Should you have any questions once your little gal has arrived, feel free to ask away. . . . . .

. . . . . . oh, and don't forget those photographs of your newly found love! The troops here won't forgive you if you don't!  LOL

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh

tracker:
Even though the factory initially recommended Super Lube it was found to be too viscous. Eric could elaborate on this but some time ago Rohrbaugh switched their recommendation to a high quality oil for lubrication. I, too, have a large supply of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version