Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh R9 (all variations)

New to me R9

(1/2) > >>

backupr9:
Some of you remember that I had a Covert eat a slide pin and damage one of the rails so badly that I could not fix it.  I have all of the innards and a Covert slide waiting for a loose frame, but none has turned up.  I bought an old R9 Stealth on GB early this a.m.  It had a badly stained  slide on the left side, but is otherwise  functional according to the seller.  I bought it for $570 (auction ended at 12:30 a.m.  I will clean it up, put on the Covert slide and have, basically, a refurbished Stealth R9, with an extra slide that could be recoated easily (will sell it) and all spare parts for my 3 (now) R9’s.  Will need to decide about putting the renovated pistol up for auction I guess.

MikeInTexas:
I look forward to some before and after pictures.

It's good to see these guns restored as needed.

cargaritaville:
Smart thinkin!

backupr9:
I picked up the gun at my FFL.  The stains on the left side of the slide appear to have been caused by mold on a wet/sweaty holster.  The gun had been dropped and there was a nick on the left front trigger guard showing silver metal (this was a stealth model, serial #33++) but it was in otherwise good shape.  I took it apart, cleaned it carefully, and replaced the stained slide with my Covert slide, couldn’t rack the slide.  At that point the trigger spring came loose and the trigger no longer worked….took off the right grip and replaced the trigger spring, but could not keep it in place, so used a spare spring and put the original slide back on with a spare right grip….seems to function fine but will need to take it to the range this week.  If it works OK, will again try to replace the slide with the one off of my defunct Covert.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

ECR:
Ref. the trigger spring on those two location pins:  A fix that works well is I would place the spring on the pins, use a pointed punch, and peen the metal the pins over the spring, holding it in place. Usually, two punches per pin did the trick.

ECR

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version