Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh R9 (all variations)

Is anyone still making the R9 "takedown" pins ?

(1/2) > >>

C0untZer0:
Also called "locking pin" or "barrel pin"...

backupr9:
If they do make them, they need to be titanium….I’ve had two break over the years both in the same Covert, eventually destroyed by the 2nd episode which suggests the problem was with the gun, not the pin (note to all, the Covert version was bulk purchased from Rohrbaugh and then sent to Wilson Combat for black coating and “tuning”).

ECR:

--- Quote from: C0untZer0 on December 31, 2023, 09:29:15 PM ---Also called "locking pin" or "barrel pin"...

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, no one makes the barrel / take-down pins. 

The pins measure .156" x .620"
The actual blueprints called for .1558 (+.000" / -.003")
Yes, the measurements were that exacting for parts of the R9 pistol
Make them out of carbon steel instead of stainless and Rockwell them to 50 - 60 

Another thing I noticed while finally finding the time to read this thread is a whoops by backupr9
that we were Handgun of The Year for 2003. Actually, we were Handgun of The Year for 2005.
We were considered The Handgun of S.H.O.T. Show 2003. Otherwise all good! 
Thank you all for taking an interest in the pistol and preserving their information here on the forum.

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh 

backupr9:
Eric, I would contradict your statement in that IMO the Rohrbaugh R9 was handgun of the year in 2003 and every year since, so there!

MikeInTexas:
Eric, do you think you could take a #22 drill bit and gently spin it down a few thousands, cut to length and use it??

Thinking about this one a backup project.
https://www.amazon.com/Drill-America-GLBCOX1222-Aircraft-Extension/dp/B00B2QYWMS/ref=sr_1_31?keywords=22%2Bdrill%2Bbit&qid=1704590956&sr=8-31&th=1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version