Author Topic: I Just Don't Get It, Help Me Out -  (Read 4237 times)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
I Just Don't Get It, Help Me Out -
« on: July 31, 2011, 01:00:16 AM »
I have always thought Gun Guys were respectful, nice honorable, trustfworthy, etc.  Some of best people I have ever met.
I buy this R9 off of Gunbroker and it is absolute filthy.  It took well over an hour to clean.
Then a few months later I buy another R9, this time off of the forum. The guy said it had less than 100 rounds.  I guess he meant "that day!"   He sent it too me filthy as well.  
This one was so bad I had to take the trigger bar off and soak it to get the black carbon off.  Also had to pull the trigger and soak it as well, carbon had got all the way down into the nooks and cranies here as well.  And then the trigger/bar spring was even gummed up some.
This gun took between 2-3 hours to clean.  If it only had 100 rounds, then this guy found the most dirty rounds on the planet.

So- what gives?  Guys will spend 30 min to an hour cleaning tires for a garage sale for any extra 5 bucks.
Because of the internet and being annoymous, is this reason enough to loose your ethics?

Or is this gun really THAT difficult for some people to fiqure out how to clean ?

Or , did I just not really buy from "gun guys" and got lucky enough to get them from someone who just does not understand about gun maintenence ?

Or were these just plain rude dudes?
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: I Just Don't Get It, Help Me Out -
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 01:22:13 AM »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 08:58:56 AM »
Reinz,

I know quite a few police officers who do not clean their duty pistols after qualifications at the range. They put it back into a holster and carry it on duty this way for weeks on end.

I can't figure that one out either. The reasons not to do this are clear and numerous.  ???

Robar233

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 10:55:56 AM »
Reinz

I have experienced the same problem. Several of the used Firearms I purchased were filthy.

I guess it comes down to who there teacher was when it came to gun maintenance. They have the attitude shoot it, don't like it, wipe it down and sell it.

I have put 200 rounds through one of my guns and they have been cleaner than some of the used guns I purchased. It is hard to buy somthing that you cannot physically hold. We all do it. I think most of us have experienced the same problem.

I guess we have to deal with it or be picky and only do a face to face transfer!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 06:36:38 PM »
It does make you wonder!

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln