Author Topic: Preferred ammo  (Read 9780 times)

Offline henryk

• Sharpshooter
Re: Preferred ammo
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 09:19:34 PM »
Has it really been two weeks since anyone posted here?

Offline PsychoE

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 11:42:05 PM »
I am new to guns, but have taken an increasing interest since early November.  I just have received a new toy, the R9 today, but only have Blazer Ammo from Walmart at this point.  

I have ordered some Winchester Silver Tips, but it is back ordered weeks.  Should I take it out for a test run with the cheap ammo or wait for the good stuff?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 11:42:03 AM »
For me, I would wait on the good stuf.  Others may disagree.  I only use Winchester Silvertips and Gold Dots.  Advice I got from Dino here on the Forum.  NO PROBLEMS.  

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 04:30:59 PM »
I agree on the wait but there is some acceptable range ammo
in between the high test stuff and regular that has been mentioned
on this forum. Firing the pup is not an experiment and the fewer
variables in the ammo you use, the better.

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 09:38:22 PM »
Agree tracker, got very tired of FTF's with the other stuff and just stoped using it in my gun, silver tips and gold dots only food I feed mine now.  
used up the other stuff in my sig, it will eat anything. Someone said, "like Mikey".

Offline TW

• Grand Master
uPreferred ammo
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 12:46:01 AM »
For what it's worth...  The R-Bros have been using Blazer ammo for years in order test fire new guns before sending them out.  That said - I have a good supply of both Silvertips and Gold Dots, so when I go to shoot one of my R9s I generally use one of them because that is what I carry in them.  But I've used Blazer and other practice ammo as well in the past with no problems...TW<<

Offline LRHogFan

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2009, 05:34:01 PM »
I decided today to feed the R9 some Remington UMC FMJ ammo just to see what would happen.  That will be the last time I try that.  It would not eject several different times and then after switching to WWB ammo, it occurred again.  

My next range experience will only be with the Speer Gold Dots.  I really NEED to see some failure free range trips with this gun before I feel fully confident in using it as a concealed carry gun.  One thing is for sure is that when a jam occurs, it is not easy to clear as it is difficult to remove the magazine from the gun.  

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2009, 09:32:59 PM »
One really good tip is to use only proven ammo from the Forum.  Gold Dots have success.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln