Author Topic: Rescue this Holster  (Read 7487 times)

Offline fredo

Rescue this Holster
« on: November 22, 2005, 11:38:26 PM »
This holster is scheduled for destruction.  It is a left handed Del Fatti BPB, made for the R9S, designed to be worn between belt and waitstband.  More comfortable than a IWB and just as concealed.  Fits 1 1/4" belt.  Holster retails for $105.00.  You can save it by paying $65.00, including shipping.  Holster will be destoyed on 12/14/05. If you love leather, save it before it's too late.

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
Re: Rescue this Holster
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 11:20:35 AM »
I'm tempted to start left-handed training just to get that holster.

Somebody will come along and want it.

Bill

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 12:04:04 PM »
It would work as a small of the back holster even for a right hander. Tempting..............! ::) ??? :o
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 12:07:01 PM »
After closer examination won't it work as a plain belt holster for a right hander?
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline Erich

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 12:07:37 PM »
Sorry . . . I'm a southpaw, but I carry in the front pocket in a Hedley rig. Plus, I've found that my R9s fits me between-the-belt-and-the-pant Milt Spark Mirage (for my 1911/BHP) perfectly.

Maybe we could work out a swap if no one bites - I'd hate to see it die, but I just don't think I'd use it. Terrific bargain, though.  :-/

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 02:12:17 PM »
Fredo
PM sent - if not sold I'll take it - I agree for a right hander it would work well in the small of the back.  I could rotate it with the RJ pocket I just bought and received from Bill.
Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline fredo

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 03:26:37 PM »
MountainMan,

Holster is yours.  PM's sent.  Thanks for the rescue.

Happy Thanksgiving

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 03:57:02 PM »
Fredo
Thanks fredo because now I have two R9s and you never know when you might want to carry both - see my post under (General Disscussion - Pocket Knife traded for new R9).
A nice Thanksgiving to you also.
Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 10:26:00 PM »
Thanks fredo

Just received my left handed holster that was intended to be worn under the belt.  Ordered it because I thought it would work great in the small of the back for a right hander.  Well it does - hardly know it is there.

You could also wear it outside the belt on the right side.  Thanks Matt for making a great holster.

Dave

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 06:39:14 PM »
I don't want to hear any cute butt comments.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 08:02:34 PM »
I would say Cute, but you asked me not to
RJ=

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2005, 09:16:20 PM »
Dave:

Be careful with carrying it in the small of the back.  If you happen to fall while doing so (e.g., in a physical struggle or simply by falling on the ice in winter), you are at risk for spinal injury.  I used to carry my 1911 SOB -- until I learned of an undercover LEO who was body slammed on his back and was partially paralyzed by the damage his SOB-holstered gun did to his spinal cord.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2005, 09:21:25 PM »
Yes, I've often read strong recommendations that the pistol not be carried in the small of the back.  It is generally considered quite dangerous, I believe.

Bill

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2005, 09:26:20 PM »
Dave,

I forgot to mention how nice that new holster is.

In addition, you must be exercising and eating properly to look so well.

I'm presently engaged in a weight reduction program, and also hope to change from age 68 to 26.  The complete details have not been worked out.

Bill

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2005, 01:10:59 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys.  Did not know of the SOB carry dangers.
Dave