Author Topic: A possible huge kudos element ....  (Read 2733 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
A possible huge kudos element ....
« on: August 11, 2004, 11:38:52 PM »
I relate this loosely - having forgotten some details but ... chatting with Eric today I learned that he was recently in front of approx 90 people presenting the R9 - to the FBI!

They pretty much shot the cr*p out of what he took .. three guns IIRC including his own #2 and, the famous ''guns test/AH'' of 5,000 rounds fame.

They went way beyond what would be the normal takedown and clean ... so much so that I seem to remember Eric saying that in fact some malfunctions did occur!!  Hardly surprising!  After letting them cool off and be cleaned .. they wanted to still shoot more and ...... this was all GD 147's IIRC.

Long and short is - he hopes to do another presentation and .. if it all works out then just maybe .. this wonderful lil' pup could just be ''FBI approved''!!  A ways to go yet of course but hey - would this be a feather in the cap or what?

I keep digits crossed for a successful outcome . If anything is right on for deep concealment, along with useful cal - it is surely the R9.

Good luck Eric with round #2! :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline FJC

• Expert
Re: A possible huge kudos element ....
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 03:42:59 PM »
Excellent...

...as long as their orders are getting in line behind mine.

;D
--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 03:58:02 PM »
[size=13]...as long as their orders are getting in line behind mine.[/size]

Haha!  I get your point Frank!  But - you have to remember, Eric's total dedication to fairness and the implementation of the order/delivery sequence.  I think anyways this is a sorta ''phase #1'' and there will be more hard sell and demo's yet to come before actual orders are in the works.

As I said tho - I do hope very much this could pan out for them ... not just for Kudos of course but - as a great boost to the business in a production sense.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline FJC

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 08:39:32 PM »
Hehe, I know, I was just joking around.   ;)
--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 09:11:10 AM »
I spoke to Eric on Tuesday. He was very pleased how the regional FBI presentation went and was tickled pink at the invitation to VA.

The Rohrbaugh would make an excellent back-up, off-duty, undercover firearm. If approved by the FBI it will be great. It would be another step to cult status.

Although I did not mention it to Eric, I would like to see a presentation to the Mass State Police. That agency has a history of buying pocketguns as undercover issue firearms. Also, maybe the Michigan State Police. They issue Sig 9mm handguns to their troops, and a small flat light 9mm handgun like the Rohrbaugh would make a perfect BUG.