Author Topic: Pocketcarry suprise  (Read 2563 times)

Offline pocketman

• Sharpshooter
Pocketcarry suprise
« on: August 15, 2004, 03:44:45 PM »
Not sure if this is of any interest to you folks.... I have had my R9S since the end of may and have not shot it sine my first week of ownership, just no time to get to the range.

I do dry fire it with using a snap cap weekly to maintain trigger feal/control. otherwise it has been in my pocket daily for more than 2 months, first I am suprised at the total lack or wear spots on the anodised frame nose, There is NONE which is a good thing since it's a low serial number and I had planned to put it away when my second one comes in.

Now to the point.. I finally broke the R9 down today for a clean and relube totally expecting the insides to be loaded with pocket junk...lint etc.. To my suprise there was nothing in there! it looked as if it had just been cleaned/lube'd.

This is definaly a tribute to the design and tight tolerance's of this little gem.  8)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Pocketcarry suprise
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 03:08:12 PM »
Pocketman ..... I also was quite surprised by the lack of ingress of lint etc .... I took mine down to a greater level the other day to post some pics for Murray ... seeing as I have the silver frame...  On this thread

Inside the grips was as if it had just left the factory - of course with this gun's fit and finish I guess nothing much can get in there anyways!  Even inside slide tho - again minimal ingress.

I have also been weak willed by carrying my #1 ... instead of waiting to push #2 into full time use when I receive it ... but have not noticed too much sign of ''pocket attrition''!  I have tho been using of late an Uncle Mike's Sidekick for it, tho I have a KD defender available for use too.

Main prob I have potentially is that my knife (Buck Mayo TNT) is clipped into my right pocket along with R9s when carried .. and I know they touch just now and again ... so far tho seemingly no problems but I think I will relegate the knife to left pocket to avoid that and better facilitate access to the piece also.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Pocketcarry suprise
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 03:18:33 PM »

I have moved my knife (Kershaw Ken Onion Random Leek) to the left front pocket for the same reason.  Not quite as handy for a righty like me, but is much better for access to the pocket holster in the right front pocket.

Glad to hear these things are "lint resistant."  My P-3AT gathered pocket lint like there was no tomorrow.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com