Author Topic: Whew!!! Finished "break in period"...  (Read 2340 times)

Offline jimacp

• Sharpshooter
Whew!!! Finished "break in period"...
« on: August 17, 2004, 12:27:38 PM »
My experience with my particular R9s is that no "break in " period was necessay, other than to prove to myself that my gun is absolutely reliable.  Have now passed 500 rounds with no malfunctions of any kind (using GD 124 gr. and PMC 115 gr.).  Yes, your hand DOES get sore after 100 rounds (or fewer!) from this small gun...now its time to start enjoying larger guns again at range  :) as I rest assured my R9s is utterly reliable. Its nice feeling knowing this relatively expensive gun  turned out to be what i was hoping for. Its also nice feeling to be through with torture test so I can give my hand a break!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 12:50:39 PM by jimacp »

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Whew!!! Finished "break in period"..
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 01:23:31 PM »
I find when testing stuff Jim I wear a thin fingerless glove that I use on the bike - helps a tad .... even so - a session of even less than 100 rounds does let you know you've been shooting!

I am not up at the 500 mark yet but am still at around the 300, perfectly confident in the pup .. stoked with the 124 GD's too right now.  I have been mostly using the gun to check out various ammo and not putting as much ''recreational'' rounds thru as perhaps I'd like - because this is my #1 and I'd rather keep it lower milage ..... #2 will then take over duty for larger thruput.

I do tho consider it is broken in ... and probably was even after 50 rounds!!
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.