Author Topic: R-9s and the J-Frame Snubby  (Read 17488 times)

Offline shelb

• Expert
Re: R-9s and the J-Frame Snubby
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2004, 01:42:15 PM »
LOL, my wife checks in on me from time to time as well  :D

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
SoRe: R-9s and the J-Frame Snubby
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2004, 02:12:12 PM »
O.K, I think revolvers are shaplier and have a lovely balance in the hand. Autos are kind of "flat" and square.  Brunette, Brownette, Blonde or Redhead, they all have good features when they have good features. ;D

Now she can only get mad at the mouse, not any of YOU guys.   ::)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2004, 02:20:52 PM »
Geeezz...  I don't let my wife near my web access.  Not because I do anything, uh...  untoward.  Mostly because she does not need to know how much money all this stuff costs!

My gun dealer and I have a solemn agreement -- if we ever walk into his shop together, he has no idea who I am!

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline shooterjb

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2004, 12:37:06 AM »
Sounds like the arrangement I have with my dealer Duane. By the way, I have three S&W J frames in my safe right now, but I like the R9S better. The Rohrbaugh, besides being a very practical carry piece, has a mystique.

Frank

Offline rtw

• Expert
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2004, 12:27:02 PM »
http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/OtherHandguns.htm

This site has some interesting info on small revolvers.
Welcome home

Offline FJC

• Expert
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2004, 01:39:51 PM »
Geeezz...  I don't let my wife near my web access.  Not because I do anything, uh...  untoward.  Mostly because she does not need to know how much money all this stuff costs!

My gun dealer and I have a solemn agreement -- if we ever walk into his shop together, he has no idea who I am!

The dealer at one gun store I frequent has actually offered to print up fake raffle tickets for me, and leave phone messages for my wife to hear stating that I won a raffle.  I've never taken him up on it, but hey, that's customer service!  :)
--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline shelb

• Expert
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2004, 02:00:05 PM »
"Honey, you won't believe this......I won my fourth gun in a raffle at the shop today!"   ;D

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2004, 06:29:29 PM »
Hehe ..... makes me think to of ....

''Oh that one Hon .... well, ya see - it's been at the back of the safe so long I'd clean forgot all about it.  Seemed like time it had some air''! ;D

<ahem!!>
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline justin2992

• Expert
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2004, 08:47:30 PM »
as long as it's black, they can't tell the difference
I wonder if the "wife factor" expains those people with every different caliber Glock.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 08:48:59 PM by justin2992 »
The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2004, 09:23:14 PM »
I've learned that I have about a one-week window following any extravagant and unplanned purchase by my little lady during which I am able without complaint to indulge myself in what I call my "Second Amendment hobby."  Of course, it also works the other way around.  When I took delivery of my Rohrbaugh, I came home a few days later to find a new leather couch sitting where the old sofa used to be.  (I rather liked that old sofa.)

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2004, 09:32:12 PM »
My solution to the "wife factor" was a bit different.

When I first started dating my wife, I taught her how to shoot a pistol.  That was our second date.  That date was also when she found out I carry a gun.

She's been shooting ever since and has her own concealed handgun license.  She shoots rather well with my Browning Buck Mark .22, and has also done well with a Smith & Wesson model 64 .38 spl. and a Beretta 92FS.  We are still looking for something she would like to carry and good ways for her to carry it, but that will come.

So, her understanding of my shooting, and carrying a gun, and buying guns, isn't a problem.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2004, 09:34:23 PM »
You got it made Bill! :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2004, 11:54:46 PM »
Bill:

I agree with Chris.  You're a lucky man.  Just be careful.  My lady recently "appropriated" my Seecamp .32 with its old ivory grips.  I had been urging her to carry something larger than her .22 MiniMag.  I had in mind buying her the weapon of her choice.  Instead, she rummaged around in my gunsafe and announced her selection. ???  The MiniMag is now her "backup."

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2004, 01:27:40 AM »
Hi Richard,

I've actually been trying to tell her that my DRC-customized Kel-Tec P-32 would be a good choice for her mousegun, but she shot it once, put it down, and refused to finish the rest of the clip.

I might try her out on a Beretta Tomcat, a Beretta or Taurus .22 lr. pocket auto, or a NAA .22 mag. black widow if I get the chance.  Need to get her something smaller but in 9mm as well.  She wouldn't like a Rohrbaugh.

Your wife will be much better protected with the Seecamp and minimag than with the minimag and .22 short.

They do have a way of suprising us with their choices.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2004, 09:53:29 AM »
Last night we were headed out for the movies.  I dropped my 342 (the Rohrbaugh itsn't quite ready for solo duty yet -- probably after this weekend) into a DeSantis Insider IWB, which carries the gun very low, almost under the waistband.

My wife saw the holster's metal clip before I had my shirt on and asked me -- "what is that!"  An objection to carrying a gun would have been highly unexpected from her, so I was confused.  "My gun, of course."  Then she says -- "How do you think you are ever going to get that out fast enough if you need it?"

I laughed and demonstrated the draw in a safe direction.  She said -- "Oh... o.k."  And off we went!
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com