Author Topic: Strong side carry - weak side draw?  (Read 8139 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Strong side carry - weak side draw?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2004, 10:35:43 PM »
OK, guys, at the end of a long day, and against my better judgment, I'll jump in here with my two and one-half cents.

I usually carry only one gun -- strong side, front pocket.  I know, I know . . . but in the best of all worlds it would be different, and on weekends it is different.  I have thought about that situation in which the strong-side hand is disabled.  The best solution I have devised is to attempt a "crippled" draw with the strong-side hand and then to attempt to execute what used to be called a "border shift" to the weak-side hand.  All of that, of course, argues for running a mag or two through with the weak hand whenever practicing at the range.

With that, I have nothing much additional to offer this late at night.

RS
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:50:40 PM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline doctordun

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2004, 11:57:59 PM »
Primary...right front pocket or IWB right side.
When I feel the need, which is most times, I now carry a backup Keltec 32 in a neck holster. Took me a couple days to adjust to the weight. Now I hardly notice. Not the easiest to draw from, but it has it's advantages. I've carried a neck knife for years, so the transition was minimal. The worst thing is that it sometimes grabs a chest hair and that isn't fun.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2004, 02:25:03 PM »
Doc' ... any pic of a neck holster ... or a link??  It's not something I have thought of, let alone tried!  But as ever - any avenue as yet unexplored I like to look into.

Thinking of those chest hairs ... ouch! :D
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline doctordun

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2004, 02:35:53 PM »
Imagine a chain with plastic tubing so it doesn't bite into neck. It's very flat and only prints with tight shirts.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 02:37:26 PM by doctordun »

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2004, 02:39:53 PM »
Aha ... many thx .. sorta what I imagined.  One prob I have is .. I sweat - and I mean SWEAT .... so not sure if even my P3AT would survive without drowning!!!

However .. another useful consideration for BUG concealment .... tho I think maybe if pants loose enough I may stick to ankle.

Thx again! :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2004, 02:44:22 PM »
Kevin has some neck holster designs too -- available as a custom order.  His hold the gun vertically, so the barrel isn't pointed at your head.  I know it shouldn't matter... but some people are freaked out by that.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com